EU/AU PAIR Valve / Solenoid Removal

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too sure about these dimensions.

PAIRValveBlockPlate.jpg

I had to file away at those holes inwards about 2-3mm on either side.

Anyhow I took the pictures of what I took out.

To remove the valve from the top end, you need to remove the left scoop, loosen the radiator and remove the fan. 5mm Allen will remove the bolts.

PAIRValve-01.jpg

See my old PAIR metal tube rusted to crap, on later examination I noticed it had rusted some holes out of it.

PAIRValve-04.jpg

Then I suggest you have your blocking off plate near to hand to check whether the damn thing will fit. this is the 2nd time I've had to strip the bike down to do this job because this wasn't the right size. That top drawing is what I made, and didn't fit.

PAIRValve-02.jpg

Blocking off plate in place.

PAIRValve-03.jpg

Here's all the crud that you're left with after removing the valve.

PAIRValve-05.jpg

I am using the vacuum hose to create suction for the Scottoiler so I changed the T valve to a nozzle and just feed off of the carb like that.

I have not yet removed the solenoid since I do not have a tap/die set yet. Will remove as soon as I get them.

I was thinking of removing the solenoid next week. I'm thinking about going about it this way:

1. remove the solenoid (duh)

2. cut off the hose going to the top carb and block the hose off with either some sealant, screw or whatever.

3. The hose that goes from the air-box to the solenoid, in which end should this be blocked? I am very confused.. Is it the carb that should be blocked? or is it the air-box that shouldn't be allowed to get air through the hose?

• 2 weeks later...

If I just disconnect the wire going to the solenoid under the carb, will the solenoid stop working? I was just curious cause I wanted to try how it runs without the solenoid, without actually removing the whole system.

i went to remove the pair valve from my drz after printing off all the info but come to a problem. the tube that goes to the carb splits into two and one goes to the carb and the other goes to the petrol tap. my mate removed his the other day and his isnt vacum fed and has an off instead. if i take the tube off of the petrol tap will it still work or is there another way to remove the pair value's and keep the tube conected.

DSC00142-1.jpg