yfz hot cams (atv)

4 replies to this topic
  • lawndude

Posted February 04, 2008 - 02:21 PM

a friend of mine has a set of hot cams left over from his yfz450 race quad. Will they work in my 426? are they the same as the bike hot cams?

thanks
brandon whitehead

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 04, 2008 - 03:46 PM

im pretty sure they will not. they have different part numbers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted February 05, 2008 - 08:41 AM

I remember seeing someone here on TT using YFZ cams in his 426. If I remember correctly the power curve was so low that it was not worth the swop. I would contact Hot Cams to see what they say.

• Mutu

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:32 AM

im pretty sure they will not. they have different part numbers.

So?

Yes they will work.

• grayracer513

Posted February 05, 2008 - 11:46 AM

They will fit the engine, but the results may not be what you expect. The Quad starts out with cam timing similar to a WR, and low power output to match. Stock YZ450 cam timing is a fairly big hop-up for that engine, and if that's what's been done in the Hot Cams part for the quad, you could be disappointed in the return on your time and money. I'd suggest asking Hot Cams what they think.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.