MB1 or Pro Action

22 replies to this topic
  • rmzRacer293

Posted February 04, 2008 - 12:40 PM

I have an 06' YZ450 and am getting the suspension done in a few weeks whenever its gets a little warmer out. but i cant decide between pro action or MB1. anybody have experiece with either one or both? MB1 i would hvae to ship the forks and shock out. Pro action is about 2.5 hours from my house but it will still cost me $60 in my truck to drive there.... any opinions?

• wes782

Posted February 04, 2008 - 01:03 PM

pro action tends to ride really low in the forks, thats all i can really say about them.... there good just feels weird at first

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 04, 2008 - 02:25 PM

thanks. anything else?

• racerxx276

Posted February 04, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Enzo....

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 04, 2008 - 03:40 PM

Enzo....

i would do enzo but im sponsored by MB1 = cheap. And pro action is good and close....

• Wiz636

Posted February 04, 2008 - 04:24 PM

i would do enzo but im sponsored by MB1 = cheap. And pro action is good and close....

Your signature says Pro Action...? Either way, use the people that are supporting you.

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 04, 2008 - 04:26 PM

i was sponsored by pro action last year. ill change it.

• mmcdan

Posted February 04, 2008 - 06:04 PM

I've used them all and would rate MB1 mid-pack. Performance was OK but my biggest problem was amount of time it took them to service my forks/shock (> one week).

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 04, 2008 - 06:49 PM

I've used them all and would rate MB1 mid-pack. Performance was OK but my biggest problem was amount of time it took them to service my forks/shock (> one week).

what about pro action?

• mmcdan

Posted February 05, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Pro Action did a good job on my 2006 YZ450F. They turned them around quickly but I paid list as I wasn't sponsorned by them. Based on my personal experience I would go with Pro Action over MB1.

Another option for you to consider is using a local shop. After all the "big" outfits I've used I have had the best success with local shops as the turnaround is quicker, you pay little/no shipping and you get personalized service after the sale. With suspension that is helpful because, in my opinion, just about anyone can do a re-valve but it's the tuning and adjusting to your personal riding style and conditions that is most difficult for someone that doesn't know/understand suspension components, interaction and theory. I prefer local shops because they are usually at the track and will spend time tweaking clickers with you, something you won't get from any of the big guys.

I don't know where you are in Illinois but I use SF Performance for all my motor work and they do suspension as well. They are great guys that go WAY beyond my expectations. I suggest that you call Tom and hear what he has to say.

SF Performance
2510 Rte 176 Crystal Lake, IL 60014
815-444-6895

Good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted February 05, 2008 - 10:43 AM

Another option for you to consider is using a local shop. After all the "big" outfits I've used I have had the best success with local shops as the turnaround is quicker, you pay little/no shipping and you get personalized service after the sale. With suspension that is helpful because, in my opinion, just about anyone can do a re-valve but it's the tuning and adjusting to your personal riding style and conditions that is most difficult for someone that doesn't know/understand suspension components, interaction and theory. I prefer local shops because they are usually at the track and will spend time tweaking clickers with you, something you won't get from any of the big guys.

That's a great point. The guys at the local suspension shops ride at the same places that you ride so they know exactly what terrain/tracks you need the suspension to work best on.

• twenty34

Posted February 05, 2008 - 07:32 PM

Pro Action did a good job on my 2006 YZ450F. They turned them around quickly but I paid list as I wasn't sponsorned by them. Based on my personal experience I would go with Pro Action over MB1.

Good luck!

MB1 was established in 2004 by Former Factory Team Honda Showa Suspension Expert Mike Battista to provide quality suspension service and components to the motorcycle industry.

Having worked in the suspension industry since 1994, Mike started working for various companies and riders then continuing to American Showa R&D and assigned to the Factory Honda motocross team in 1997. Since then Mike has worked with riders such as: Ricky Carmichael, Kevin Windham, Mike LaRocco, Ryan Hughes, Nathan Ramsey, Ezra Lusk, Ernesto Fonseca, Steve Lamson, Jeremy McGrath,Nick Wey,Paul Carpenter,Jeff Gibson,Jason Thomas,Ryan Clark, Stefan Everts, Frederic Bolley, Mickael Pichon, Sebastian Tortelli and many others.

Mike has also achieved (4) AMA Supercross and Motocross National Championships with Ricky Carmichael in 2002 and 2003, including a undefeated 24-0 winning streak with RC, a member of the Motocross Des-Nations team and many supercross and motocross AMA victories and podiums with Team Honda since 1997!

I can assure you that using MB1 Suspension will be as close to factory Suspension there is available. There is no other company that can provide our technology and racing experience when it comes to suspension.

• twenty34

Posted February 05, 2008 - 07:36 PM

I have to admit, I'm a bit taken back by your thread. You are sponsored by Mb1, but you are considering other options? I don't know what your definition of loyalty goes, but if I was MB1, I'd consider taking you off the sponsor list. I think they can do better with someone else.:worthy: :busted:

my .02.

• cablemonkey334

Posted February 07, 2008 - 06:33 AM

pro-action has been on my bikes for 6 years my guy is two hours away an he dose my stuff the same day an make an changes i need , or adjustments for free

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 07, 2008 - 02:20 PM

I have to admit, I'm a bit taken back by your thread. You are sponsored by Mb1, but you are considering other options? I don't know what your definition of loyalty goes, but if I was MB1, I'd consider taking you off the sponsor list. I think they can do better with someone else.:worthy: :busted:

my .02.

they can if they choose to. im not a pro or anything. i just want to get the best work done to my bike as possible. if MB1 dosent want to have my business then so be it. im trying to do whats best for me.

• JakeSchmutz108

Posted February 07, 2008 - 02:35 PM

guy on a former team i was on had mb1 on his suzuki 450 afterwhile he had pro-action do it and he said hed never do mb1 again. ive ran pro-action on my last bike and it was great. we also have a dealer in kc mo that we just took ours to he did it that night and we had it back about 20 mins later if he had the parts. great guy id love to have pro-action on my next bike but just depends on who has the best deals when that time comes.

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 07, 2008 - 03:31 PM

guy on a former team i was on had mb1 on his suzuki 450 afterwhile he had pro-action do it and he said hed never do mb1 again. ive ran pro-action on my last bike and it was great. we also have a dealer in kc mo that we just took ours to he did it that night and we had it back about 20 mins later if he had the parts. great guy id love to have pro-action on my next bike but just depends on who has the best deals when that time comes.

thanks. do you think if i took mine down to a local pro action shop they would be able to do it real fast like that or would i have to wait like a week and drive back down?

• rickallen124

Posted February 08, 2008 - 09:48 AM

MB1 has tons of experience with both showa and kayaba suspension. If your honest about your riding type, ability and weight it will be awesome! More often than not if a good suspension company errors on a revalve it's because they didn't have the correct info from the rider- says int when really pro or the other way around. The revalve depends on the information provided-if the info is incorrect the revalve will be off. Mike does all of the calculations and valve stacks himself, not some teenager looking at a chart like some of the big companies. I like the fact that you can actually talk to the guy doing the revalve. Although his personel touch may take a little longer it is well worth it. Mike has actually called one of my friends when he had an issue and discussed it with him. It was my friends fault as he said he was an intermediate when really he rides with the pros. I have it on my 06 YZ250f and I love it-soaks up the square edge stuff, corners better, tracks strait and takes the big hits without bottoming. My YZ450 suspension is in there right now and I can't wait to get it back. You won't go wrong with MB1

• maddogyz250f

Posted February 08, 2008 - 10:05 AM

thanks. do you think if i took mine down to a local pro action shop they would be able to do it real fast like that or would i have to wait like a week and drive back down?

If you call and make an appointment, I'll bet they can do it for you while you wait. If you just show up, good luck.

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 08, 2008 - 02:17 PM

If you call and make an appointment, I'll bet they can do it for you while you wait. If you just show up, good luck.

that would be nice if i could just wait there, instead of driving all the way home and then going back a few days later or w/e.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.