vapor installed

4 replies to this topic
  • jeanluconze

Posted February 04, 2008 - 08:56 AM

Just installed my vapor computer with dash kit, looks terrific and totally modernizes the bike (other than the suspension, frame, and engine).

Anyways, for the retarded question of the day, I'm configuring the tach - how many pulses per revolution should I set - 1,2, or 0.5?

0.5, because the motor revolves twice for every one spark (hence 4-stroke)?

Am I right? Brain no worky today.

• martinfan30

Posted February 04, 2008 - 09:39 AM

If the coil fires only on compression TDC, I would think .5...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmvmechanics

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:09 AM

when i put mine on i just ran it and it worked, just watch your rpms if they seem high or low then adjust your vapor accordingly

• crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:12 AM

i did the same as dmv......the rpm's at idle match my moose hour meter's tach......that's the sure fire way to tell if it's right.,,,,,,,get a tach/hour meter......35 bucks

• jeanluconze

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:23 AM

I finally got a chance to run it last night... it was spot on after I adjusted it to 2 PPR. I don't really understand why... but what the hell it works. Maybe it's becasue I have the positive and negative leads hooked directly to the pos and neg leads on the coil and no inductive wrap around the plug wire. Seems to work. And let me say, the vapor is awesome - so much better visibility at night than the stock speedo.

On a side note, I was left with an extra keyed power lead after everything installed (used to be the stock speedo light bulb). I removed the bulb and left the socket sitting behind the vapor. Any suggestions on something cool to do with it? 12volt accessory socket, etc?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.