YZ450 rear brake caliper

6 replies to this topic
  • rbn14

Posted February 04, 2008 - 08:44 AM

So its a long story but I am looking to replace the rear brake caliper on my 07 wr450. There are quite a few on ebay for a pretty decent price but they are yz parts. The part numbers vary slightly (WR- 1C3-2580W-70-00 YZ- 1C3-2580W-51-00) for the entire assembly but all the individual brake components seam to have the same numbers (pistons, seal kit, etc). The only part that they dont show a part number for, which could be the reason they are different is the mount. Anyone have any additional info? Many thanks.

• matt4x4

Posted February 04, 2008 - 08:52 AM

yz = wave rotor
wr = regular rotor

I believe everything is interchangeable - mounts look identical - I find many of the parts have different numbers yet are identical.

• markseaba

Posted February 04, 2008 - 08:56 AM

New WR's have a wave rotor too

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TheBlackSheep

Posted February 04, 2008 - 01:50 PM

So its a long story but I am looking to replace the rear brake caliper on my 07 wr450. There are quite a few on ebay for a pretty decent price but they are yz parts. The part numbers vary slightly (WR- 1C3-2580W-70-00 YZ- 1C3-2580W-51-00) for the entire assembly but all the individual brake components seam to have the same numbers (pistons, seal kit, etc). The only part that they dont show a part number for, which could be the reason they are different is the mount. Anyone have any additional info? Many thanks.

Yes. They are interchangeable.

.......... bahhh :busted:

• rbn14

Posted February 04, 2008 - 02:22 PM

Yes. They are interchangeable.

.......... bahhh :busted:

Excelent, how did you find that out?

• RCannon

Posted February 04, 2008 - 02:43 PM

I believe the pads are different... a different compound. This would explain the need for a different part number for the different bikes..even though the caliper is the same.

Doesn't this drive you nuts? These changes for no real reason.

I have bought several calipers and hangers for different bikes. To make a long story short, almost all of the modern stuff will interchange....brand be dammed.

• rbn14

Posted February 04, 2008 - 03:05 PM

I crossed referenced a few more part numbers. It looks pad kit part numbers are the difference. I sure hope thats all cause I just bought a 06 yz250 caliper!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.