RE: Track and Ski conversion info wanted

8 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted February 03, 2008 - 04:27 PM

I know it's here somewhere but I can't find it using the search, i want the info and link to the company that makes the rear track conversion kit with front ski for my wr, im seriously considiring buying one...

• spidennis

Posted February 03, 2008 - 05:45 PM

go see frostbite! had you seen his last "hot" ride? poor guy's bike got toasted ... all kidding aside, he has a couple of threads going ....... one is a sad story, and the other is about an adventure ......

...... you can also contact:

Marco Fortin
ATTRAX
www.attrax.net
418 836-0505
1 877 836 0505
<marcoattrax@bellnet.ca>

tell'm dennis sent you ....

and here is my youtube playlist of snow stuff (like attrax)
http://www.youtube.c...EC214069DD736ED

• LimyWPom

Posted February 03, 2008 - 05:48 PM

MountainMax, do a search on snoxcycle or switchtraxx, I believe it was dirt ridr did an article on this one and another brand which I cannot remember the name of about a year ago, sorry I couldn't be more precise, I googled the one above, I hope this helps some, Chris

• motomanmike26

Posted February 03, 2008 - 05:50 PM

www.2moto.com:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spidennis

Posted February 03, 2008 - 06:01 PM

and here's a thread I started a bit back on the subject ...

http://www.thumperta...&highlight=snow

• MountainMax

Posted February 03, 2008 - 06:40 PM

Thanks guys, the Attrax one seems a little dinky to me, but the snowtrax one is the one i wanted, the 2moto one looks ok but not as good as the snowtrax one either does anyone here use one???

• Frostbite

Posted February 03, 2008 - 08:29 PM

Thanks guys, the Attrax one seems a little dinky to me, but the snowtrax one is the one i wanted, the 2moto one looks ok but not as good as the snowtrax one either does anyone here use one???

I have an Attrax and I don't think it would provide the floatation that the 2Moto unit does, and the suspension seems smoother. I've seen video of the 2moto but none yet for the snowtrax.

One thing to note - using a front ski is very limiting, best for soft snow. I tried a ski only a few years ago and on hard pack trails or ice it's more like riding with the front brake locked on. My ski wraps around my front tire so the tire rolls on the hard stuff and the ski takes over when it sinks in soft spots.

The 2Moto looks similiar to a snowhawk, which I have ridden, and feels nothing like a bike or snowmobile. The closest comparison I can give would be a stand up jet ski.

My Attrax is not effective in fresh powder, but for most riding conditions it's great, most of the time feels like a rear tire, and is quick to swap - only an hour from tire to track if you have the track mounted on a spare rim.

If you're going to be riding pure fresh powder as shown in the videos then the other tracks would probably be better. With ski only, I could barely cross a road without the front end washing out.

• slowriding

Posted November 28, 2010 - 02:13 AM

Since its that time of year again, a thread from the past with a few new things!

• stinky1

Posted November 28, 2010 - 06:03 AM

Hey guys For serious snow ridding there are only two options right now. That is the 2moto radix or the Timbersled Mountainhorse. I have a 2moto setup on my bike and its a blast :thumbsup:. I would love a mountianhorse ,they seem to be a lot better in the deep fresh snow.
There is a forum in snowmobile,specialty check it out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.