DNA Rims

17 replies to this topic
  • TapptOut

Posted February 03, 2008 - 02:52 PM

Just purchased a new set of DNA rim's for my 2006 YZ 450. They completely changed the look of the bike i like it alot. They also came with some super thick spokes which i really like. I got them for 550 Shipped!

Here are some pics......

Posted Image
Posted Image

• Jmicm13

Posted February 03, 2008 - 05:42 PM

Dude that looks nasty. What do you think of the quality in comparison to excel rims? I was wondering because i saw them and wandered about putting those on my bike. What brand hubs came with the rims?

• TapptOut

Posted February 03, 2008 - 07:16 PM

I haven't ridden on them yet, i drove to LACR today and the race was canceled when i got there. But just having them i think they are stronger than the stock excel because the spokes are like twice as thick maybe more. They bolted up perfectly as well.

• MATTH530

Posted February 04, 2008 - 06:05 AM

My co-worker has had a set of the fire DNA ordered for a month, hope they come soon or he is getting the WARP9 .
I like the DNA and I like the black with blue hubs.
Matt

• TapptOut

Posted February 05, 2008 - 07:25 AM

Yeah man, im super pumped on how they turned out. Especially the anodized blue.

• mxer_69

Posted February 05, 2008 - 08:43 AM

Where did you order them from??

• TapptOut

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:42 PM

Straight Line Motorsports in Texas.

They have an ebay store SLMRacing or you can look them up online, i suggest calling them coz they will give you a better deal. The best part was i bought out of state so there was no tax. It took 3 business days for me 2 get them it was so sick!

• todds924

Posted February 06, 2008 - 07:02 PM

Dude that looks nasty. What do you think of the quality in comparison to excel rims? I was wondering because i saw them and wandered about putting those on my bike. What brand hubs came with the rims?

I had a set of the black DNA's on my 06 and they held up pretty well. I also paid about 500 bucks for the set of built wheels. I did manage to put a big flat spot in the back rim coming up a little short on a double so i figured i would just lace up another one......the thick stainless spokes are garbage on these rims in my opinion. Because they are stainless...alot of them stripped out when being loosened. The only other drawback is when compared to a "LIKE" Talon/excel combo...the dna's are quite a bit heavier. The dna hubs are an exact copy of the Talons. For 500 bucks they are a good deal just to have a spare set of wheels. You can get them in alll kinds of crazy color combos too.

• toledothunder

Posted February 13, 2008 - 06:05 PM

I have dna rims and paid 295.00 for a set in dec. 2007. I opened up a business account W/ them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted February 13, 2008 - 06:38 PM

I have dna rims and paid 295.00 for a set in dec. 2007. I opened up a business account W/ them.

You paid 295 for a pair of complete wheels? Thats a great deal. They are good for a second set of wheels.

• Dveitch8

Posted February 13, 2008 - 10:39 PM

does this mean your a DNA dealer now or you just get a sweet deal? How do I setup my own business account? Thanks

• toledothunder

Posted February 14, 2008 - 02:31 PM

I'm a dealer now,you need a vendors lic. and a federal id number.

• jcassara

Posted February 15, 2008 - 12:55 PM

so what's the cost of a wheel set for 05 crf450? black rims on silver hubs?

• 02YZ426

Posted March 03, 2008 - 08:31 PM

I just bought the same set for my YZ, Got them off Ebay for $460 shipped. The front showed up last week.. but apparently the rear is lost in the mail somewhere so no such a great deal. Hopefully it shows up!

• Dveitch8

Posted March 03, 2008 - 08:47 PM

that's a bummer! No tracking info?

• 02YZ426

Posted March 04, 2008 - 06:36 PM

that's a bummer! No tracking info?

It showed up today! but the hub doesn't match the one they already sent me :thumbsup: I have the best luck sometimes

Posted Image

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 04, 2008 - 08:19 PM

id get on the phone.. you can really tell the diffrence between the two blues.. they look like a good set to have a spare.

• 02YZ426

Posted April 29, 2008 - 07:19 PM

id get on the phone.. you can really tell the diffrence between the two blues.. they look like a good set to have a spare.

It took them what seemed to be a lifetime, but they sent me another wheelset for $250! I'll just keep the non matchers for my sand tires :eek:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.