What springs for the XR650L?

2 replies to this topic
  • JerryIUP

Posted February 03, 2008 - 12:16 PM

I wanted some input on the brands and or stiffness of springs to get. I am 210lbs and have an 2002 XR650L. I live in Florida and do about 60% road and 40% off road. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brtp4

Posted February 03, 2008 - 01:26 PM

I wanted some input on the brands and or stiffness of springs to get. I am 210lbs and have an 2002 XR650L. I live in Florida and do about 60% road and 40% off road. Thanks.

Jerry, I have .47 and .49 front and 11.5 kg rear springs for the L. I swapped out my rear shock and my forks, so they are not being used.

FYI I would say that the .47s and the 11.5 rear would work well for you. They were a big improvement on my bike.

Brian

• evomx971

Posted February 03, 2008 - 05:16 PM

The Race Tech website has a spring rate calculator you can use to figure out what stiffness to buy. You can order springs through them or I know you can also get them from Eibach. I have Eibachs on the front of my L.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.