Talon Hub parts/service in Calif/West Coast?

3 replies to this topic
  • Coolidge

Posted February 03, 2008 - 07:11 AM

Im trying to fit a new set of Excel wheels w/Talon hubs on my newly converted USD fork XR600. The rear wheel is for the XR and is fine, and the frt hub is for 2000-ish CR w/20mm axle, I need to get bearing/spacer set (assuming there is one) for 90 CR500 17mm axle size. East Coast wheels may have what I need, but they are on the East coast. I was looking for a Talon dealer in Calif/West Coast. Anybody have a clue where to go? Google wasnt my friend here. Thx

• frankiewhipit

Posted February 03, 2008 - 10:55 AM

When I did the sport bike front wheel conversion on my XRL I wound up making the spacers to reduce the bearing ID to 17mm, I used a piece of stainless steel to make it.
I couldn't find a bearing with a 42 mm OD & a 17mm ID

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • michaelxr

Posted February 03, 2008 - 01:40 PM

Im trying to fit a new set of Excel wheels w/Talon hubs on my newly converted USD fork XR600. The rear wheel is for the XR and is fine, and the frt hub is for 2000-ish CR w/20mm axle, I need to get bearing/spacer set (assuming there is one) for 90 CR500 17mm axle size. East Coast wheels may have what I need, but they are on the East coast. I was looking for a Talon dealer in Calif/West Coast. Anybody have a clue where to go? Google wasnt my friend here. Thx

I was given this info by Talon support in the UK:

Please note you can purchase the above rear hub from QTM who are our US
importer. I am sure they will be able to assist you with your
requirements.

QTM
1144 N. Armando Street
Anaheim
CA 92806
U.S.A

Tel No: 001 714 575 5000
Fax No: 001 714 575 50001

Contact Name: Mrs Kristin Anderson
E-mail: kristin@qtmi.com

or

Contact Name: Mr John Anderson
E-mail: anderson@qtmi.com

• Coolidge

Posted February 03, 2008 - 02:49 PM

Thanks much for that info, Im going to call them Monday. Most sites that carry Talon hubs have this statement on thier site:

"CHANGING TO A NEWER BIKE? Talon hubs have changable internal components which may allow you to keep you hub and just replace the bearings and spacers"

So....Im hoping I can get the 17mm internals?
Thanks again for posting that info
Guy

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.