Engine Rattle 2000 yz426

6 replies to this topic
  • doitmerm

Posted February 02, 2008 - 10:01 PM

While riding today I heard a rattling noise as I would release the clutch only in 1st and 2nd gears. It sounded like it was coming from the left hand side,but I really could not pin point it for sure. Kind of a vague question, but any insight would be appreciated.

• grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2008 - 10:45 PM

Do you mean when you are releasing the lever (engaging the clutch)?

• doitmerm

Posted February 03, 2008 - 08:34 AM

yes. When engaging the clutch and I forgot to mention heard it mostly at low RPMs in 1st and 2nd gear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 03, 2008 - 01:07 PM

If you can duplicate the noise just by letting the speed drop off to a low rpm and applying a load, it's probably chain slap (the rear chain slapping the swing arm slider because of the time between power pulses with the single cylinder engine)

• ml795

Posted February 03, 2008 - 01:13 PM

check clutch plates

• yz4fun

Posted February 03, 2008 - 09:31 PM

The annoying chain slap,I get that noise on mine all the time,even with tension adjusted proper.It does the same on my 250 also :busted:

Posted February 04, 2008 - 01:18 AM

Do you have a McGiver friend that comes over to fix your bike? If so, call him to look it over.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.