New Purchase!! 2000 426

29 replies to this topic
  • YELL-OSNAKE

Posted February 08, 2008 - 09:14 AM

Man super deal, I paid $800 for a 2001 yz426 fixer upper, and have spent quite a few hunderd already. It dropped a valve seat!! Other than getting to know the insides very well, you have money well spent. Mine won't look that good until the new plastics get put on (bike was stored outside/ sun faded) ,and I get it running. I have been mute until today, just reading and searching and learning. Enjoy!

• mulishamike1

Posted February 08, 2008 - 06:12 PM

sick bike. i just bought a 2000 426. its more beat but picked it up for $1000

• harwood39

Posted February 10, 2008 - 02:18 AM

Ok. I just got home from the 20 hour trip to pick up the bike. I got a better deal than i thought... It has Excel wheels on it, which i didnt know about, and it came with 2 spare excel front wheel blanks, and 1 spare excel rear wheel blank. Also got extra skid and case guards, air filter, seat cover, front number plate background, clutch lever, perch and cable. The extra midpipe also inludes a complete new set of hangers and other misc exhaust parts... I even got a complete spare rear caliper with pads...

• spc mike

Posted February 11, 2008 - 12:58 PM

wow! so your happy then...:applause:

• harwood39

Posted February 11, 2008 - 01:00 PM

Very happy. Im using the extra wheels to mount studded tires for winter riding... I just need to get a set of hubs and spokes... also i need to figure out if i wanna do mx or woods.... tought decision cause i love both...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • harwood39

Posted February 11, 2008 - 04:56 PM

Well i just went to my local yamaha dealer to see if they had any used tires i could get for cheap to stud. well here is what i got. Fairly new tires, had ice screws in them so all i have to do is drill the holes all the way through and insert my cement screws... Front tire is a dunlop 756. and the rear is a kenda millville. Im hopefully going to have them done this week and just need to ind a set of hubs and spokes...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

sorry for the crappy pics i took them with my phone cause i cant find my camera...

• Crabtree426

Posted February 12, 2008 - 02:58 PM

That bike is looking bling bling brother. Nice buy. You'll be happy with how it rides.:applause:

• Crabtree426

Posted February 12, 2008 - 03:01 PM

sick bike. i just bought a 2000 426. its more beat but picked it up for $1000

Welcome to TT man. I see you're a virgin. You'll be an addict like us soon. You'll find that Grayracer is like the Master Yoda of the YZF forums.

• harwood39

Posted February 18, 2008 - 11:42 PM

Alright, so i took her to the indoor track this weekend. Wow... I LOVE this bike. Plenty of power... Corners good once i got up on the tank... Actually surprised at the cornering once i was on the tank... Everyone says they suck, but it did great.

Well I also put the numbers on her as i am thinkin about racing indoors this coming weekend but am not sure yet. I really want to but havent had lots of seat time on the bike...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• BASSic

Posted February 19, 2008 - 09:26 AM

Congrats on the purchase. I paid the same price for my 01 YZ426, which was basically bone stock (just an aftermarket pipe and bars) and hasn't been ridden much. Nearly all the paint on the frame is intact - very little boot wear and no rock chips! It looks like you got a great deal with all the aftermarket goodies, especially the suspension.

I thought all the 426s came with Excel wheels, am I mistaken? My bike came with the original D739 tires on the front and back. They were worn, so I was thinking of studding them for the winter but when I took the rear off I had to destroy the bead because it was so stiff and dry rotted.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.