FastLine Brakeline - Tips and Ravings !!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted October 21, 2002 - 06:04 AM

Well, my stock was toast - the braking was horrible and I could see the line 'bulging' so I got me a bona-fide fastline brake line (only for pros! so I knew it was for me :D)

I ordered the WR version and it actually came as a WR replica taking the routing the origional did. Its a nice blue and (purple :)) color.

Cost about 67$ if I remember well + shipping.

Installation was easy once I figured that the bend on the caliper end is different than the stock and that even though my bolt was tight, the conncetion wasn't...a few drips of fluid later and 2 additional crush washers as "spacers" saw me fine. Beware of this on installation I puzzled for a while before figuring it out.

Up top I had to route the bend at the master cyclinder a little more vertical than stock, but what the hey, it works just fine and is atill protected.

A couple of squirts on the mity-vac (essential for no pain prging) and some help from my wife and the thing was squared.

The result ..... braking is a whole new experience. One finger braking will put me over the handlebars if I'm not careful. Awesome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted October 21, 2002 - 06:28 AM

Simon,
When I installed by Brakeline WR Replica SS line, I looked long and hard at each end.

I remember Clark Mason said he had to grind some off of his fittings to get it to fit tight.

As I studied it, I realized common sense did NOT apply. I flipped it around, and the fittings were absolutely leak free.

Initially, the angle and shape of each end promoted me to attempt to fit it on backwards...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.