tool bags

7 replies to this topic
  • YAMAHA thumper 7

Posted February 01, 2008 - 09:27 PM

hey i am getting set up to do enduros i just orded a front fender tube bag with tyre levers, i am just wondering wat u trail riders use for tool bags? i got a camel pack atm and thinking of a bum bag but i dont really wat to carry two sperate this i have seen back packs with hydration pack in it with two spaces for tools and other things im not two sure but i think the all in one bag is the way instead of a bum bag wat brand of bag u fellas use? can u please show pics of web sites thanks

• Speedracer747-400

Posted February 01, 2008 - 10:43 PM

A rear fender bag for your tools might work out better and keep the weight off your back. Here's some of the best quality bags you can buy made of ballistic nylon.

www.dirt-bike-gear.com

• YAMAHA thumper 7

Posted February 01, 2008 - 11:18 PM

nah i dont really want to have it on my bike

• Dube2

Posted February 02, 2008 - 10:26 PM

ok son, take it from me, my friends call me the "BAG BITCH" i love my bags etc...... been there done that. i have a BELL bicycle bag baught from WALMART. i mounted it on the front number plate (05 wr) i made a piece of hard plastic liner about 3/8 thick and the full width of the bag. then put quick removeable pins through the plate, then ran the bag straps up and around the handlebar for weight support. I carry a front tube(will work in the rear on emergencies) and three pro motion tire irons, two patch kits, moose axle wrench and some misc maps. the front zipper is easy to get to for the maps when needed.

my back-pack/hydration is mounted to my chest protector. wolfpakusa.com is the one. i love it. i carry an emergency blanket, waterproof matches, first aid kit, led flash light, toilet paper, expandable towels, full tool set(to much to list),co2 inflater, 12 co2 bottles, chapstic, 15' pull rope, alumabond(for emergency repairs) emercency seal tape for leaks, gps w/ spare batteries, 2-way radio w/ spare batteries, spare fuel(2-gatoraid bottles) carried in bottle holders, sometimes 2-smoke oil for the non 4-strokers, snacks, extra plug w/ waterproof holder, electrical tape, ty straps, spare tank breather tube(Lost five of them so far), etc..... I could go on and on. seems like every time i go out i find another wigit to add to my pack. it weighs about 35lbs with water and it doesn't bother me at all. it fits so snug that i forget its there. i had the fanny pack before and bothered me a lot. My buddies give me a lot of heat about my junk till they break down and need help. the one thing I havent got yet is a chain breaker and extra links.

have fun big guy, sorry no pics yet.

dube2 OUT!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAHA thumper 7

Posted February 03, 2008 - 03:03 AM

yeh that bag dosnt look to bad but ive been looking at OGIO bags has anyone got one? if they have wat sort of OGIO is it? they look really good holds 2 litres of water tools and other things theres one called baja and 1950 i think they dont look bad at all, for my tubes and levers and pump i got a front fender tub bag i havnt used it yet but wat are they like?

• AZ45

Posted February 03, 2008 - 08:17 AM

OGIO bags are great, I use a 1950 for longer rides here extra gear is needed, a Hydration pack for short rides when upu only need water, tools and a couple of extras. I also have a 450 bag for tools only for certain situations.

• tacotory

Posted February 03, 2008 - 01:47 PM

I'm a fan of trying to keep weight off the bike- the 450 is heavy enough already. I wear a backpack with a hydration pack inside- size of pack depending on length/ severity of ride. I also keep my food, extra clothes, goggles, etc. in the backpack. I wear a fanny pack for all my tools- full set. I keep the strap tight and never know it's there. One thing to watch with the fender packs is that they can fall off in the middle of a ride and you may, or may not, notice you've lost them.

• kskyles

Posted February 04, 2008 - 09:41 AM

my back-pack/hydration is mounted to my chest protector. wolfpakusa.com is the one. i love it. i carry an emergency blanket, waterproof matches, first aid kit, led flash light, toilet paper, expandable towels, full tool set(to much to list),co2 inflater, 12 co2 bottles, chapstic, 15' pull rope, alumabond(for emergency repairs) emercency seal tape for leaks, gps w/ spare batteries, 2-way radio w/ spare batteries, spare fuel(2-gatoraid bottles) carried in bottle holders, sometimes 2-smoke oil for the non 4-strokers, snacks, extra plug w/ waterproof holder, electrical tape, ty straps, spare tank breather tube(Lost five of them so far), etc..... I could go on and on. seems like every time i go out i find another wigit to add to my pack. it weighs about 35lbs with water and it doesn't bother me at all. it fits so snug that i forget its there. i had the fanny pack before and bothered me a lot. My buddies give me a lot of heat about my junk till they break down and need help. the one thing I havent got yet is a chain breaker and extra links.

have fun big guy, sorry no pics yet.

dube2 OUT!

i think i'm going to start riding with you. then i won't have to bring anything.

i normally carry water and a full tool set in my camelbak, but i'm thinking i should be carrying some emergency supplies - like matches and an emergency blanket too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.