Should I go from 00YZ426 to the 03 WR450? opinions

1 reply to this topic
  • mfraser_fraser

Posted October 21, 2002 - 04:59 AM

How goes it? I am in a bit of a dilemma. I currently own a '00 yz426. Great bike, lots of juice, and loads of fun. However, I don't race on tracks full-time. I mainly do open trail riding and do tight woods. This bike is less than desirable in the tight woods. But, I do like to go on the track every now and then though. Gotta have my AIR! :)

This is for WR owners/operators:
How is the WR in tight woods? (good contrallable power? or too much juice?) Or is it more of a rocket for open terrain?
Do you think that going from the YZ to the WR is a good idea?
What do you like about the WR over the YZ?
Could you rip it up on an MX track a WR?
How much suspension difference is there between the 2 models? (I weigh 205lbs. should I redo the WR suspension if I get one?)

That's it for now. I am looking for honest opinions to assist me in my buying decision. Do you think the new '03 WR450 is going to be "The Bomb" or just another over hyped dud?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parx_400

Posted October 21, 2002 - 05:17 AM

well currently i have a wr400 and have tried to make it as "yZ' as possible. for me being 22 iwant a mor race feeling bike. i almost wish i bought a yz 426 when i got my bike. but mine was sooo cheap i couls not pass it up. nobody here has a wr450 since they are not out yet. i think the wr's are going to be more popular since the yz is now a mx machine only kinda bike. buit since i have not ridden one i can not tell you for sure.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.