How to fit a WR 450 in your mailbox

350 replies to this topic
  • dlgvrg

Posted December 15, 2008 - 11:50 PM

I like it, but didn't expect it to be quite so different from regular riding. I bought a couple of riding technique videos that turned out to be absolutely essential. Some of the verticle climbing techniques can definitely be used on the 450.

That sounds interesting -- what technique videos did you get and reccomend? I'm always a bit worried attacking the steeper and more technical hills (up and down!) and anything to help me get my 450 around more gracefully is appreciated...

Here in Stockholm we're not getting any winter, just +5 and rain :thumbsup:

We did have some snow a couple of weeks ago and I got the winter tires on and a quick test ride...
Posted Image

• Frostbite

Posted December 16, 2008 - 03:17 AM

That sounds interesting -- what technique videos did you get and reccomend? I'm always a bit worried attacking the steeper and more technical hills (up and down!) and anything to help me get my 450 around more gracefully is appreciated...

Here in Stockholm we're not getting any winter, just +5 and rain :smirk:

We did have some snow a couple of weeks ago and I got the winter tires on and a quick test ride...
Posted Image

Looks like your tires are working for ya.:thumbsup:

I have Ryan Young's "Trials Training Techniques and Cross Training Tools" and "Advanced Training Techniques". If you've never ridden a trials bike, beware the parts where he tells you to hit the vertical face while holding a 45 degree wheelie wide open in 3rd gear. Trials bikes are geared slightly differently. :smirk:

Most of the video won't make sense to a 450 rider. For me, it was more doing it on the GG and then realizing that I could probably do it on the 450.

• swmort2

Posted April 22, 2009 - 06:01 PM

Frosty,
Thank you so much for your insight into what it's really like to do whatever it takes to ride. earlier today, i was thinking about how much of a PITA it's going to be to work all summer to buy my own WR. i stumbled across this while browsing the forums, and i want you to know this thread really inspired me. If a guy can ship a dirt bike to the arctic whilst jumping through the hoops you did, a broke-as-a-joke college student can amass enough cash to but his first bike. My WR will will come home in a truck instead of a suitcase, but this story has me pretty darn excited about the brotherhood of motorcycles and the hopefully long future i'll have in it. Keep the rubber side down and let that blue beast run!!!

Seth.

• krook250

Posted October 12, 2009 - 02:20 PM

you need to get your head checked, your crazy.

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

• C-Pain

Posted October 24, 2009 - 02:35 PM

Dude, this is my first day on TT, I have a 99 yz400F and getting ready for my first enduro race and Came across this about 2.5 hours ago. You are awesome man! This has been the best story i have EVER heard followed uop by that of Burt Munro. This will be one of those stories I tell the little riders around the campfire. Thanks for the inspiration Frosty. Oh yeah, I live in the mountains In Lake Tahoe,so gonna get the ski and studs. Riding buddies are Sled mechanics.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1991cbr600f2

Posted December 30, 2009 - 12:43 AM

Wow, this is a truly epic thread, I hope its not forgotten, and I hope it continues with further updates etc. :smirk: :moon:
Frosty you are a perfectly normal motorcycle enthusiast, you just show it better than 99% of bikers around. :cheers:

oh, haha and i love my 07 wr 450 also, lol.

• Frostbite

Posted January 10, 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hey Guys, just want to let you know that Frostbite is still vertical.

Cheers

• shakey0818

Posted January 10, 2014 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the bump.I woulda never found this one.I have no words for this thread other than WOW.

• Frostbite

Posted January 10, 2014 - 04:50 PM

Working on the balance.

Also, to keep my shipping skills up - I bought two new 2010 Gasgas TXT 250's in Boston, I dismantled one and the shop dismantled the other (Thanks Laser) and mailed them back to the Arctic by regular USPS, and they arrived in 6 days, pretty sweet!

• thumper tom

Posted January 11, 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hey FB, Thanks for the breath taking views, and oh your riding is ok also, LOL, really,your truly nuts and I commend you for that so I can live vicarisley through you and as many others on this forum do also, Keep up the videos,,

TT

what ever happened to your 450

• Frostbite

Posted January 14, 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hi Tom, I still have the 450, and I have a 2012 450 now as well, bought it just for the fuel injection for winter - save me from changing jets all the time, a real pain on the 07 when everything's frozen!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.