Posted December 01, 2008 - 05:02 PM

such a great thread! Yo frosty give us something:thumbsup:

• Twitch yz125

Posted December 01, 2008 - 05:05 PM

how do you make your own topic

• jdubb75

Posted December 01, 2008 - 05:05 PM

such a great thread! Yo frosty give us something:thumbsup:

Yeah, I was just thinking about this thread the other day, but forgot to go dig it up.

• alfie

Posted December 02, 2008 - 04:27 PM

brilliant fb ive just read the thread and impressed you went to all that trouble in getting your bike across the boarder, but you got there in the end. And that your out enjoying your wr. Which is even better :bonk: Even though im based in the uk still makes me feel good to be apart of TT.

• thumper tom

Posted December 03, 2008 - 09:07 AM

where oh where is frosty

• scooter42

Posted December 03, 2008 - 10:04 AM

What an adventure. I will never let shipping my bike across the US to ride with a buddy stop me now. I would feel like such a loser if I did after this dedicated adventure. Frostbite, if you are ever in Indiana, you have a free full ride and gear waiting. We'll call you "factory Frosty" we are not factory sponsored, but I think we could still say you were and deserved it at this point. Inspiring...

• Charles De Mar

Posted December 03, 2008 - 10:41 AM

What an adventure. I will never let shipping my bike across the US to ride with a buddy stop me now. I would feel like such a loser if I did after this dedicated adventure. Frostbite, if you are ever in Indiana, you have a free full ride and gear waiting. We'll call you "factory Frosty" we are not factory sponsored, but I think we could still say you were and deserved it at this point. Inspiring...

Careful, trees and dirt might freak him out:lol: :bonk:

• jdubb75

Posted December 03, 2008 - 11:49 AM

Careful, trees and dirt might freak him out:lol: :bonk:

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

All of the colors might cause sensory overload.

• scooter42

Posted December 03, 2008 - 09:13 PM

OK... So he goes through all this trouble to get a bike back home. We all follow this adventure for months. He gets the bike together. It runs perfectly. He decides he needs a change. Sell it and buys a QUAD! And joins an ATV forum never to be heard from again. OMG!

Has anyone heard from Frosty? Hmmmm. Are we pathetic? Frosty is done with this thread and on to better things, got married, three kids...new job, new QUAD, moved to Jamaica, sun tanned, and here we are.... "Frosty!... frooooOOOoosty!" I'm slitting my wrists. Where is the razor. dang it.

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Charles De Mar

Posted December 04, 2008 - 10:28 AM

Frosty has moved and has a new job. He is still around though. he posted in the wr landscape thread.

• Kirkster

Posted December 11, 2008 - 06:54 PM

Calling Frosty...

We need an update? Ever get it tagged? How did you ship it to the new pad???

• Kirkster

Posted December 14, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Bump for Frosty!!!

• Frostbite

Posted December 14, 2008 - 05:20 PM

Hey Everyone,

Sorry I've been on the missing list the past while. I haven't been riding, and when I'm not riding, I tend not to post. The new job is keeping me crazy busy, and we have a ton of fresh powder, so no riding for the past 2 months. After Christmas things should settle down, and the trails should be packed enough for some good riding, so I should have some fresh adventures to write about. I am now living back in Iqaluit, lived here for 8 years and then moved to a different community for 2. Winter riding is much better here and I'm planning on another trip to Kimmirut, a neighboring community. It can only be run in winter, as the first part of the trail is 20 kilometers of sea ice. A good portion of it is also run on the Soper River, so it helps if it's frozen. (haha)

The return trip is 360 kilometers and has only been made by a motorcycle once, by me back in 2001, before I bought my ski. `It should be a sweet run on the 450. There’ll be helmet cam footage and lots of pics. I’ve made the trip many times on my sled, and recorded the entire return trip with my helmet cam. I’ll try to pop some of it on Youtube so you can see what the trail is like, even though it’s sled footage, you’ll get the idea.

An update on the 450 – I just received my letter of approval from the DMV on Friday, which will allow me to license my bike. They had sent it to my old address, in September, and the post office there just got around to sending it to me. I’m going in this week to get the new plate. I also have some work to do – I’ve had my Athena big bore kit for months now and haven’t installed it, so I have to get to that, and build 2 new tires, and rejet, so that’ll keep me busy for awhile. No garage here either so it looks like another livingroom job. At least I own the house I’m in now, so no worry about the landlord walking in and finding the bike scattered all over the floor.

I head back to civilization for Christmas on Friday, but only for 2 weeks. When I get back I’ll make the bike top priority, so there’ll be plenty of new stories to tell.

Merry Christmas to everyone, and I’ll see you back here in the New Year.

Peace

Frosty

• coffee

Posted December 14, 2008 - 05:42 PM

Merry Christmas Frosty.

Is that a trials bike in your avatar? Yours?

• Frostbite

Posted December 14, 2008 - 06:02 PM

Merry Christmas Frosty.

Is that a trials bike in your avatar? Yours?

Merry Christmas Coffee.
Yes, it is a trials bike, an 08 Gasgas 250. Summer riding here is mostly 1st gear, and hard on the 450, so I thought I'd try a trials bike. I ordered it from a dealer in Niagara Falls, and with crating and shipping it got here late in the season, so I've only had 4 or 5 rides on it. I like it, but didn't expect it to be quite so different from regular riding. I bought a couple of riding technique videos that turned out to be absolutely essential. Some of the verticle climbing techniques can definitely be used on the 450.
Although I've only had a few rides, the videos gave me lots of confidence, and I've gone up some pretty hairy climbs that I would never have tried on my 450, but now that I know it can be done, I may give it a shot.

• Charles De Mar

Posted December 15, 2008 - 10:04 AM

Merry christmas frosty! it was -16 this morning. Pretty balmy for you i expect.:thumbsup:

• RedBull420

Posted December 15, 2008 - 10:14 AM

Only -35 in Calgary, Alberta this morning. LOL

What's the weather like right now in Montana Charles?

• Charles De Mar

Posted December 15, 2008 - 12:49 PM

Only -35 in Calgary, Alberta this morning. LOL

What's the weather like right now in Montana Charles?

-4 at lunch

• Frostbite

Posted December 15, 2008 - 03:54 PM

Merry christmas frosty! it was -16 this morning. Pretty balmy for you i expect.:thumbsup:

Merry Christmas Charles

-31 all day today (and that's straight up, no wind chill). I'm working outside 60 hrs/wk so it's great conditioning for the bike. Not only am I already climatized for winter riding, I dropped 30 pounds since moving here in August. It feels good to be back in construction, I was on the inspection side far too long.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.