Changing Radiator Cap. Bottle?

4 replies to this topic
  • levy1

Posted April 14, 2002 - 10:09 AM

I am a little worried about the heat of my engine running my new 13-1 compression piston. I want to know what cap to run for a cooler engine and why are you guys taking off the overflow bottle. Before any of you spank me I was a good tt’r and read the archives. Most seem to be using a 1.6lb cap from the KX500. Sounds good but why take off the bottle. It doesn’t appeal to me and if I get lost in the woods I might need a drink. Can I make the change without removing the overflow bottle? Is the KX500 cap the one?

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: levy1 ]

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 14, 2002 - 12:13 PM

"They" remove the bottle to reduce weight.

For slow woods riding, I don't think I'd go without mine...Taint worth it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted April 14, 2002 - 12:34 PM

I run a 1.8 cap from an '01 kx65 on my 14 to 1 444cc engine.
I don't run the resevoir and have never had an issue.
I have gotten caught in some snotty terrain too.

• levy1

Posted April 14, 2002 - 12:41 PM

Wow! 14-1 with 444! ~ I thought I was a power freak. Now I must change my profile because I see there is a bigger dog out there. Can I sit on your porch?

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: levy1 ]

• SFO

Posted April 15, 2002 - 04:38 PM

Sitting on my porch could be considered spam.
I also pulled 60 grams out of my first 97mm piston and pin.
When all yur freinds ride 520's it's time to build an underdog!
Next I am planning to dyno test the new Web cam grinds and the new Hot cams.
This along with a big valve head...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.