YZ426F exhaust question.

9 replies to this topic
  • Solo

Posted January 30, 2008 - 09:47 PM

I have an exhaust can from a YZ426F that I will be putting on my WR. My question is does this pipe have a spark arrestor in it? I can see a screen just inside the tail section. If it did not have a screen to begin with was there one that could be added internally?

• grayracer513

Posted January 30, 2008 - 09:51 PM

The stock YZ muffler has no spark arrestor. But if your pipe has an after market end cap like the PMB, it might.

• Birdy426

Posted January 30, 2008 - 09:54 PM

No, the YZ can does not have a spark arrestor. You can add a Pro Moto Billet end cap, like this, which does have one.

Posted Image

• Solo

Posted January 30, 2008 - 10:01 PM

It looks just like the stock tip. I'm going outside to grab photos now. Stay tuned.

• Haro

Posted January 30, 2008 - 10:13 PM

Stock no...at least on an 01...I have one...put the DR. D on there and it came with one...awesome exhaust for an 01 426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Solo

Posted January 30, 2008 - 10:20 PM

First photo is the pipe & tip. I assume it's stock?

Second photo shows the screen down in there. Is that a stock part or something that has been added? Would it qualify as a spark arrestor?

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG1288.JPG
  • CIMG1290.JPG

• Haro

Posted January 30, 2008 - 11:16 PM

First photo is the pipe & tip. I assume it's stock?

Second photo shows the screen down in there. Is that a stock part or something that has been added? Would it qualify as a spark arrestor?

Well looks like it might be a spark arrestor with a screen since that is all it is...but dont know for sure since I dont know the pipe/or year....that is not what came stock on my 01 yz426f.

• Solo

Posted January 30, 2008 - 11:32 PM

The pipe was represented as a stock 2001 YZ426F pipe. I have no doubt that the mid pipe and can are 100% stock. My questions are about the tip and the screen. The tip looks to me to be stock too. My guess is that someone removed the tip, installed a screen and rivited the tip back on. Do I seem off base or?

• SRT426

Posted January 31, 2008 - 12:18 AM

Looks like a homemade screen type spark arrestor. That won't fly with the rangers mainly cause there is no USFS stamp. If your only track riding it's fine but for trail riding I would get a Pro Moto Billet endcap and install it to avoid any ticket hassles

• grayracer513

Posted January 31, 2008 - 06:42 AM

That does look home brewed. A USFS screen would be a cone extending down into the pipe. The stock mufflers can be opened up and repacked, so it's not impossible that someone could do this. It will probably work, but it won't flow as well as a cone, and as said, lacks the stamp of approval. That leaves it up to the individual ranger as to whether to allow it or not. Iffy.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.