stator trade?

4 replies to this topic
  • Dansgarage

Posted April 13, 2002 - 05:57 PM

OK. Here's the deal, I have a 2001 yz426 and I want to run a light. I don't want to pay $500 and up for an aftermarket stator. I know that a WR stator will work on my bike. So I am sending out this message to see if any of you guys have taken the light off of your bike. If so would you be interested in trading your light and stator for my stator and # plate?

OR-
If anyone has a line on a cheaper way to get a light on my bike. thanks for your help.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted April 13, 2002 - 06:20 PM

A stock WR stator can be ordered online for about $150. I think a voltage regulator can be had for about $15. Baja Designs sells headlights for about $90.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dansgarage

Posted April 13, 2002 - 06:22 PM

whats a voltage regulator? Yes I know it regulates voltage. but why do I need it. Does the out put from the stator really jump around that much?

• Steve_Claus

Posted April 13, 2002 - 07:03 PM

Originally posted by Dansgarage:
whats a voltage regulator? Yes I know it regulates voltage. but why do I need it. Does the out put from the stator really jump around that much?

Call Ritzo at Electrex USA... he's the stator expert and can hook you up.

Good luck,

--Steve

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted April 14, 2002 - 12:30 PM

You could burn out your lights without a voltage regulator. $15 isn't much-that will pay for itself in 2 burned-out headlights.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.