Wrecked my bike!

11 replies to this topic
  • Wes Woodin

Posted January 30, 2008 - 01:25 PM

Wrecked my bike, bent radiator and bars! I posted the bent radiator thread and appreciate all of the responses. I did want to say that I wrecked my bike first moto on first lap! Hatin it. The point is the only bars that they had at the track were Pro Taper Carmichael Bend. I bought them and put them on and they really felt different after riding the whole time on the 5xc low bend, that comes stock on the bike. I love this bar on the 08 YZ450f. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and they seem to fit me better. I continued the bike in moto 2,3,4 and by moto 4 liked them better as my riding got more fliud. Pro Taper Carmichael Bend on the 08YZ450F is my recommendation!:busted:

• CRF250dude26

Posted January 30, 2008 - 01:28 PM

You should try the windam bend in Pro Tapers, they are a good bar for people like us, over 6 foot. But my favorite bar of all time is the Renthal 971's, I wish Pro Taper made a bar exactly the same as the 971 because I like Pro Tapers better.

• motomanmike26

Posted January 30, 2008 - 01:30 PM

i used to go with renthal bars but i bought a stock bike that had those bars on and i ordered a set of renthal twinwalls and rode the bike with the protapers on for the break in...i loved it with those bars. sold the renthals and i use pro tapers now.

• BDOG510

Posted February 01, 2008 - 09:06 PM

You should try the windam bend in Pro Tapers, they are a good bar for people like us, over 6 foot. But my favorite bar of all time is the Renthal 971's, I wish Pro Taper made a bar exactly the same as the 971 because I like Pro Tapers better.

971 is the Carmicheal bend and also stock Honda. I believe it is the same as the Windham bend also.

• Dveitch8

Posted February 01, 2008 - 09:20 PM

are any of you tall guys spacers to raise your bar height ,I heard it helps when standing up? I rode a ktm 450 with a stabilizer mounted up and it raised the bars an inch or so and totally felt different!

• CRF250dude26

Posted February 01, 2008 - 10:21 PM

971 is the Carmicheal bend and also stock Honda. I believe it is the same as the Windham bend also.

The windam bend is wider so it makes the bars feel more swept back, I like the 971's much better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 01, 2008 - 11:55 PM

The width and sweep of the Carmichael bend is nearly identical to the Windham (54 vs. 55 mm sweep), but as you may have noticed, Kevin is a good deal taller. The Carmichael are 77 mm tall (or short), while the Windhams are 99 mm tall.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 02, 2008 - 05:55 AM

I prefer the KW bend they are taller than RC bend....thanks Grey

• CRF250dude26

Posted February 02, 2008 - 07:17 AM

The width and sweep of the Carmichael bend is nearly identical to the Windham (54 vs. 55 mm sweep), but as you may have noticed, Kevin is a good deal taller. The Carmichael are 77 mm tall (or short), while the Windhams are 99 mm tall.

So the carmichael bend in pro tapers is the same as 971 in renthals?

• grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2008 - 08:57 AM

Renthal lists two 7/8 bars as "971", the 971-02 and the 971-08. Both these are similar to the PT Carmichael. I don't pay much attention to Renthal bars, though, so I don't know if that's what you mean or not.

• CRF250dude26

Posted February 02, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Renthal lists two 7/8 bars as "971", the 971-02 and the 971-08. Both these are similar to the PT Carmichael. I don't pay much attention to Renthal bars, though, so I don't know if that's what you mean or not.

Ok, I like pro taper bars better because I think there stronger, but I like the 971 renthals because they are my favorite bend bars. I will get the carmichaels in pro tapers now, thank you.

• todds924

Posted February 02, 2008 - 05:18 PM

Wrecked my bike, bent radiator and bars! I posted the bent radiator thread and appreciate all of the responses. I did want to say that I wrecked my bike first moto on first lap! Hatin it. The point is the only bars that they had at the track were Pro Taper Carmichael Bend. I bought them and put them on and they really felt different after riding the whole time on the 5xc low bend, that comes stock on the bike. I love this bar on the 08 YZ450f. I am 6'1" and 200 lbs and they seem to fit me better. I continued the bike in moto 2,3,4 and by moto 4 liked them better as my riding got more fliud. Pro Taper Carmichael Bend on the 08YZ450F is my recommendation!:busted:

You should try the Henry/Reed bend. Thats what i recommend for the 08. Those carmichael bend are good on a super motard though.they are real wide and flat.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.