Front sprocket, is this important ?

1 reply to this topic
  • manda3000gt

Posted October 20, 2002 - 02:04 AM

I have changed front sprocket to a 15 tooth upon removing the YAM 14 tooth I saw that it has a recess on the rear where it fit's against the output shaft, The 15 that I have put on has no recess and is flat both side's, It has gone straight on and is not catching or rubbing on anthing is this OK ??????? Don't want anything runnin out of line and damaging anything !!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaindrive

Posted October 21, 2002 - 10:58 AM

My buddy has a device that clamps on and checks the chain and sprockets for trueness. Sometimes the wheel adjustment hash marks can't be trusted? Lacking one of those, I would eyeball it and watch for wear marks heavier or deeper on one side of the sprocket than the other and for tooth chipping. I doubt you have any problems, though. I ran into the same thing on one of my kids' bikes, and it didn't ever seem to matter.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.