? 650l

6 replies to this topic
  • gdubs

Posted January 30, 2008 - 04:56 AM

Does any one here know if these bikes can be lowered?
Thinking of buying 03' or newer 650L, I'm 5'7" and and weigh 155lbs.

Thanks

• Greentrib

Posted January 30, 2008 - 05:33 AM

Yes. You can get a lowering link for $80 to $125. Easy to install an it will drop the bike 1.25 to 1.5 inches. I would recommend this to every one because it improves the handling of the bike under all conditions. I'm 6'1". I can now stand flat footed and it lowered the center of gravity so I can lean in to the turns when riding fast single track in the desert.

• tgstoken

Posted January 30, 2008 - 09:59 AM

Run a search and you will find all the info you want.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • walshdanielm1965

Posted January 30, 2008 - 11:07 AM

+1 on the lowering link & you can shave the seat also.....

• rontheman13

Posted January 30, 2008 - 05:34 PM

Would you lower the front fork mount also??

• GIANTac1

Posted January 30, 2008 - 06:16 PM

Would you lower the front fork mount also??

Just a tad...1'" or so. Just fool around with the height and see what feels best.:busted: Oh, and just raise the tubes in the mounts.

• WY XR650L

Posted January 31, 2008 - 06:24 PM

The link will make a differance. If you get one be sure to order bearings with it. Otherwise you will have to press the old ones out and reuse them. Also you will need a press to install them. Love my '99.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.