1989 and 1993 XR600 Chainring Swaps

1 reply to this topic
  • bajajoaquin

Posted January 29, 2008 - 09:08 PM

I'm trying to order chain and sprocket kits from Rocky Mountain MC. My brother's '89 has stock 14-50 gearing, and my '93 is 14-50.

I'd like to run 15-50, so I can be a little taller in the Dez but gear down for the occasional trail ride. The cheapest way to do this is to buy a 14-50 sprocket kit, and then buy a 15t front. Their website won't let me mix and match.

So my question is this: do the rear sprockets (48 and 50) have the same bolt pattern for both years? Can I buy a "stock" 89 for my 93?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted January 29, 2008 - 10:26 PM

The bolt patterns are different and the central holes are different diameters. Not interchangeable at all.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.