What would you pay?

8 replies to this topic
  • maxtherat

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:04 PM

I have a friend who is selling his 01 wr426. He is the 2nd owner, but I knew the first owner so I know the history of the bike. My other friend may want to buy it(they don't know eachother). I would like to see it work out for both for them. The bike: Appearance wise it is in good shape, the bike has honestly about 1000 miles total. All original plastic, new rear tire, free mods, FMF Q. What it needs: new chain and sprockets, new bars(stock steel are bent). The thing even has the original grips. The bike runs great after a jet cleaning. What's it worth here in socal?

• clark4131

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:24 PM

What's NADA say it's worth? Take that number and apply the 10-20% buddy discount, depending on how close you guys are...SC

• ktmdestroyer

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:30 PM

Doesn't sound like its had any work done to it other than the muffler. With that like info I'd say 3000.

• byggd

Posted January 30, 2008 - 05:15 AM

Only 1000 miles and it needs a chain/sprockets and the bars are bent? Sounds like a tough 1000 miles :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maxtherat

Posted January 30, 2008 - 05:21 PM

Most new bikes don't even make it one ride before the stock chain and sprockets get replaced. The rest is compliments of my friend's nephew.

• byggd

Posted January 31, 2008 - 05:01 AM

Most new bikes don't even make it one ride before the stock chain and sprockets get replaced. The rest is compliments of my friend's nephew.

Where did you get that information? :busted: My 02 still has the stock setup.

• MaddogYZ

Posted January 31, 2008 - 06:04 AM

Here in Pennsylvania the high end would be $2200.

• maxtherat

Posted January 31, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Where did you get that information? :busted: My 02 still has the stock setup.

What I mean is that I, along with others, don't like to constantly have to adjust the stock chains that are prone to stretching after every ride. A good chain, adjust a couple of times and it's good for the life of the sprockets.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted January 31, 2008 - 10:50 PM

What I mean is that I, along with others, don't like to constantly have to adjust the stock chains that are prone to stretching after every ride. A good chain, adjust a couple of times and it's good for the life of the sprockets.

My stock chain was a DID O-ring chain. It seemed like a good chain to me. I only had to adjust it a few times and its still in great shape and so are the sprockets. I changed it all out last year just because.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.