06 WR450- Rejetting, WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN??

8 replies to this topic
  • xBRIANx

Posted January 29, 2008 - 07:25 PM

:busted: :worthy: :ride: Anyone know where i can figure out how to rejet my carb? I talked to a local dealer, and he said theres 2 jets I should open up, 1 of them being the pilot, and the other being... ???.... He also said there easy to find (I have no idea where they are) and they are numbered (still lost). Rule of Thumb - Go up 1 (1 what, I dont know that either lol) and 2 on the other (Which still means nothing to me). Any suggestions? Helpful hints, or tips or pictures or anything? IM STUCK :blah: :blah: :cry:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 29, 2008 - 07:29 PM

I talked to a local dealer, and he said theres 2 jets I should open up, 1 of them being the pilot, and the other being...main jet.... He also said there easy to find (under the bowl) and they are numbered (45 pilot and 162 main).

ok your a noob so welcome! second at the top of this forum there is a sticky read them as they have links and all the info you need...they will answer all your questions in some detail....http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069

• KennyMc

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:10 PM

:busted: :worthy: :ride: Anyone know where i can figure out how to rejet my carb? I talked to a local dealer, and he said theres 2 jets I should open up, 1 of them being the pilot, and the other being... ???.... He also said there easy to find (I have no idea where they are) and they are numbered (still lost). Rule of Thumb - Go up 1 (1 what, I dont know that either lol) and 2 on the other (Which still means nothing to me). Any suggestions? Helpful hints, or tips or pictures or anything? IM STUCK :blah: :blah: :cry:

The other jet they are refering to is the main jet. The link below shows what jetting other people are using.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

• C-P

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hey dude, welcome! Yeah, just go up one! I'd be confused, too.

Go to the WR performance index at the top of the wr page. Check out the jetting database. At a minimum, they're probably talking about your main and pilot jets. But really go back to square one:

Why rejet? Did you make other changes? Bike not running right? Did you do gray wire, airbox, exhaust? If not, the good news is all the answers are in here! Just search away.

Also, for jetting most guys here seem to run JD Jetting kits. For under $100, you get all the stuff you need - jets, needles, etc in one kit with good instructions can't go wrong.

You're in the right spot. Enjoy!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • e_dogg

Posted January 29, 2008 - 09:32 PM

ok your a noob so welcome! second at the top of this forum there is a sticky read them as they have links and all the info you need...they will answer all your questions in some detail....http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069

I used this walkthrough to do the jetting on my '06 WR250F. It was absolutely brilliant and helped soooo much! I strongly recommend printing it out and having it right next to you while you're in the shop working on your bike.

It really is a pretty easy project to do. The hardest part was getting the carb free from the engine, but once I got everything loosened up, the actual switch went incredibly smoothly.

• xBRIANx

Posted January 29, 2008 - 10:12 PM

alright, thanks boys. Ill definatly check that stuff out, and yeah- the JD JET kit seems to be pretty popular, I keep hearing about it. Also- I did the Grey wire, throttle screw, and the baffle. (havent removed ais, for the simple fact that I hear its just to prevent the backfiring). again, thanks alot guys.

• tweav

Posted January 30, 2008 - 12:41 AM

I'm not really sure what I means but I got a dynajet kit for my 07 wr 450 and then I ran it on a dyno . I ended up with a 150 main two sizes down a 42 pilot 1 size down their needle on the third clip from the top and a adjustable leak jet. I would say buy a jet kit a like a zipty's fuel screw and a adjustable leak jet install this stuff and take it to a shop with a dyno , it was worth all the time and money

• KennyMc

Posted January 30, 2008 - 07:38 AM

I'm not really sure what I means but I got a dynajet kit for my 07 wr 450 and then I ran it on a dyno . I ended up with a 150 main two sizes down a 42 pilot 1 size down their needle on the third clip from the top and a adjustable leak jet. I would say buy a jet kit a like a zipty's fuel screw and a adjustable leak jet install this stuff and take it to a shop with a dyno , it was worth all the time and money

Did you happen to dyno the bike with a 168 main and a 48 pilot? Wondering what the comparative results were. Also, the bike came with a 162 main, would the 150 main be 2 steps down?

• clark4131

Posted January 30, 2008 - 07:17 PM

The Dynojet kit does some funky stuff to the carb settings, unlike the JD kit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's more than just needles and jets, hence the odd jet combo...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.