03 wr 450

2 replies to this topic
  • dirtryder52

Posted January 29, 2008 - 01:55 AM

hey guys i havent been on here for a long time... a few years haha. i just recently got back into riding more and getting my bike setup. i have a 03 wr 450 with fmf powerbomb header, and factory 4 muffler. i have a twin air filter, and clipped the gray wire. i rarely ever use the e- starton my bike so i was wondering does my bike need the battery to run? or just for the e-starter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted January 29, 2008 - 05:35 AM

It should run fine without the battery, plus it will take a little extra wieght off the top end. Just be certain that you seal up the cable ends well so that they don't end up shorting to the frame.

• dirtryder52

Posted January 29, 2008 - 11:11 AM

great thanks. ill give it a try.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.