Here's good news

2 replies to this topic
  • resurrection

Posted January 28, 2008 - 08:27 PM

Hello
My name is Gus and I have an addiction.XRidus
This was good news I posted it to share some good news.

This bike I speak of is a 93' 650L

I received a new cam for Christmas and found it doesn't come with an auto decompress mech.
HOT CAMS recommends a manual device.After some research I found only the sparkplug hole style device available ,well I'm sure the XR 4valve head has little room for that.
So I Emailed HOT CAMS alittle HOT my self and was happy to see a reply the next day, assuring me there would be no ill affects on my starter or batteries ability to start machine as there's no kick starter .
It may be to late to make this story short but I'm impressed with their customer service and quick reply.They even offered me a complete refund if I was not satisfied. :thumb:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jetfuel

Posted January 28, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Hello
My name is Gus and I have an addiction.XRidus
This was good news I posted it to share some good news.

This bike I speak of is a 93' 650L

I received a new cam for Christmas and found it doesn't come with an auto decompress mech.
HOT CAMS recommends a manual device.After some research I found only the sparkplug hole style device available ,well I'm sure the XR 4valve head has little room for that.
So I Emailed HOT CAMS alittle HOT my self and was happy to see a reply the next day, assuring me there would be no ill affects on my starter or batteries ability to start machine as there's no kick starter .
It may be to late to make this story short but I'm impressed with their customer service and quick reply.They even offered me a complete refund if I was not satisfied. :thumb:

Thanks for the little write up and welcome to TT.

• martinfan30

Posted January 28, 2008 - 09:47 PM

I put a Hotcam in my 05 L, and am very happy with its performance! The need for a decompressor of any type is not needed.

Think about it, a performance camshaft with longer duration actually lowers compression a small amount. Mine cranks over fine, even when 20 degrees outside.

I also know of guys who have done a cam, hi comp piston, crf 450x battery(slightly less CCA's), and have no problem starting.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.