rear wheel anyone?

2 replies to this topic
  • gbalias

Posted January 28, 2008 - 06:55 PM

hey guys, ive got a 98 YZ 400 and ive been entertaining the idea of trading/swapping with someone of they wanted a rear 19" wheel. reason for me wanting to do this is that i live in vegas and the desert terrain out here kills my tires. id like to go with a more robust 18" tire selection for my riding out here. if someone is interested thatd be great......ill even consider just buying one used if available. if im trading, itd be the complete wheel, less the rotor and sprocket.

:cool:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted January 28, 2008 - 07:05 PM

hey guys, ive got a 98 YZ 400 and ive been entertaining the idea of trading/swapping with someone of they wanted a rear 19" wheel. reason for me wanting to do this is that i live in vegas and the desert terrain out here kills my tires. id like to go with a more robust 18" tire selection for my riding out here. if someone is interested thatd be great......ill even consider just buying one used if available. if im trading, itd be the complete wheel, less the rotor and sprocket.

:cool:

The 98s have thinner axles, and as a result the wheeel spacers and axle blocks are also different from all other model year YZs and WRs. And, I also believe the wheel bearings are of a different size from all other model years (although the hub is the same part number). So, remember to take this into consideration when looking for a different wheel.

• gbalias

Posted January 28, 2008 - 08:14 PM

yep. 20mm front and rear...99 and later had a 22mm rear and a 20mm front.

i need a 98 WR wheel.

or rim and spokes and ill build it myself.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.