replacing the 08 exhaust

24 replies to this topic
  • rickallen124

Posted February 10, 2008 - 05:53 PM

I take that back, it does not look like the akrapovic. I wonder if muzzy is still doing yamahas pipes for them or if it's someone else now.

• Inspectahdef

Posted October 29, 2008 - 07:49 PM

The Two Brothers complete exhaust for the 08 YZ450F rocks! I got a full Ti system off ebay for 365.00 shipping included because Two bros. is not going to offer the Ti system anymore. A full 7.1 HP increase @ 5600 rpm. Here's the Dyno Sheet.

http://www.twobros.c...0F-FULL_07.html

click on dyno to see results....

I ordered the Two Brothers Stainless/Aluminum slip-on for my 2008 yz450f. I became sick of the unresponsive, doggish power that my stock bike made. I was taking turns in the same gear as I was on a 2007 yz250, and using the clutch just as much. If you like burning clutches, get a 2-stroke. It also bogged a bit despite fuel screw adjustments (no, i didn't touch the accelerator pump or jetting, so it could've been those too).

Upon first ride i was blown away how the new pipe changed my bike's power. It was much much crisper, and was actually rideable in the low end! I could tell a huge difference in throttle response. I will never ride my bike with the stock muffler again, and i hope that nobody else must do the same.

Buy this pipe, or any one, for that matter. You will be welcomed by a brand new motor that can actually be ridden like a 450 should be. If you like burning clutches, get a 2-stroke... it will be much lighter.:lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tricksta400

Posted February 19, 2009 - 02:45 PM

u could even go with an fmf powercore slip on which u can find for under 300 and get a stainless powerbomb for 180...theres a full fmf system for under 500 bucks

• mc1hd

Posted February 19, 2009 - 07:47 PM

I purchased a brand new stock 06 header/muffler for $100, it was a take off from my local shop. This was the best hundred dollars I've spent on my 09.

• 08YZ450Derek

Posted February 20, 2009 - 07:07 AM

The 08 header is already Ti and came stock with a larger diameter hi-flow design to try and compensate for their restrictive silencer. I bet by just adding a new silencer, you would gain 99% of what any new full system will accomplish.

I love my 08 stock exhaust, but I will be dissecting it soon to try and remove one or two of the internal cones. I want to keep that hot new “shorty” look.

I agree. You can save yourself alot of money buying a leading brand slip on. I left on the stock header, its huge opening and high flow works, and its made of titanium. I would feel bad if I did not get use out of that part. My 08 has a Yoshimura RS-2 stainless slip on, and it has enough power for me and I am a B class rider. As long as the exhaust is functional, I don't care if its not a shorty.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.