Redrock-randsburg/garlock Road Closure

10 replies to this topic
  • weathergeek

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

All of us that live in So. Cal know that there has been a ton of rain, wind and snow the last week. I read on the CHP website and heard on the news that this road is closed due to a washout. :applause: :busted: Does anybody have any details on this? Is it a long term or short term closure? And exactly where is it on these 2 roads? :cool:

• Jeff_in_RC

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:18 PM

It always washes out in a big rain but since it's closed you can't get to it to see where. :cool: Well I could on a bike but ain't gonna! It is usually short term but it did wash away some of the road last time, just keep checking the web site and you'll see what's up with the road.

BTW Red Rock/Randsburg Road is the end off of hwy 14 and it splits in Garlock, the left fork will be Garlock Road and the right is still Red Rock/Randsburg Road, that is if your heading east at the time.

• weathergeek

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

It always washes out in a big rain but since it's closed you can't get to it to see where. :cool: Well I could on a bike but ain't gonna! It is usually short term but it did wash away some of the road last time, just keep checking the web site and you'll see what's up with the road.

BTW Red Rock/Randsburg Road is the end off of hwy 14 and it splits in Garlock, the left fork will be Garlock Road and the right is still Red Rock/Randsburg Road, that is if your heading east at the time.

I know about the usual washout situation, but I was hoping for more info on this current problem. Which website are you referring to?

• Jeff_in_RC

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:16 AM

I know about the usual washout situation, but I was hoping for more info on this current problem. Which website are you referring to?

http://www.dot.ca.go...i-bin/roads.cgi is where you want to go.

• weathergeek

Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

Thanks Jeff, but I don't think there is road number for that road. How did you look it up? Forgive me but my IQ is low.

• weathergeek

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

Anybody else? Wayne Nosala you know all about the dez. Any idea?

• hondarider408

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

i dont think they are trying to clear the road at the moment because we are supposed to be getting more rain this weekend, so i believe they are holding off till then. i live in the san fernando valley and there is supposed to be a storm coming in the weekend.

• weathergeek

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

i dont think they are trying to clear the road at the moment because we are supposed to be getting more rain this weekend, so i believe they are holding off till then. i live in the san fernando valley and there is supposed to be a storm coming in the weekend.

Was it sand and rocks or did the road get washed away? What did you hear? Fortunately the storm this weekend is nothing compared to what we just had.

• Jeff_in_RC

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:22 AM

Was it sand and rocks or did the road get washed away? What did you hear? Fortunately the storm this weekend is nothing compared to what we just had.

Have not really heard which is normal but more than likely sand and rocks. Not really a big deal as you can get around the closure, just will take a little longer and a few more miles. Where are you trying to get to and from where?

• Wayne_Nosala

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Anybody else? Wayne Nosala you know all about the dez. Any idea?

It was closed last weekend, its open now

• weathergeek

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

Thanks to all for the info. Turns out I found out from a Kern Co. fireman friend that it was just a debris flow and all is open now. Thanks Wayne for checking with your contacts.:busted:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2011 ttr 125le front rim by Jaredb11

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   TTR
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

A father following his son's PW50 by DirtDevilDad

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Rekluse Core EXP 3.0 on 2013 300 RR. by MontanaBetaBoy

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  44 replies
Forums
Photo

Need 250 crank for 00! by raber510

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • 18 replies
Forums
Photo

2002 CR250 FLAT Mid Powerband...Why? Pics inside too :) by kawi008

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.