Need help identifing a part!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted January 28, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I have a 2006 yamaha yz450fv and I need that gear that is located behind the clutch basket. Its the gear that is to the right hand side and just below the shaft that the clutch basket fits on. The service manual book calls this gear the "oil pump drive gear". When I looked that part up online at a part store it called it a " gear,oil pump idle" is this the same gear?........Mine is broke or I should say hairline cracked across the top part and I need another one. When I was putting the clutch basket on it didnt mesh with this gear so when I torqued the nut that holds the basket on I heard a poping sound and I guess this is what i heard " the sound of this gear cracking"

• tnl

Posted January 28, 2008 - 12:00 PM

Did you look at this: http:// part # 11?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted January 28, 2008 - 12:11 PM

Well!!! according to the parts number it is #9.....>#11 is the plate washer. I looked up the oil pump did you? The gear that is broke is the gear that turns the small gear on the oil pump assembly.

• grayracer513

Posted January 28, 2008 - 12:53 PM

2S2-13341-00-00 OIL PUMP IDLER Gear

• CaptainKnobby

Posted January 28, 2008 - 01:23 PM

Yea!!! That is the one that broke!

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.