unabiker rad guards with oil sight tube?

4 replies to this topic
  • haggeo

Posted January 28, 2008 - 11:31 AM

just got a set of unabiker rad guards from the TT store and wondering if anyone has put these on a XRR with the oil sight tube? at first glance it does not seem like they will fit but i can't try because i have to leave for work soon. anybody have any recommendations for a rad guard that does not wrap around like the unabiker does? devol, works connection, MSR any good?

• jesusgatos

Posted January 28, 2008 - 05:15 PM

I have a set of Unabiker guards and an oil sight tube on my 650R. No fitment issues or problems whatsoever.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • haggeo

Posted January 28, 2008 - 10:06 PM

I have a set of Unabiker guards and an oil sight tube on my 650R. No fitment issues or problems whatsoever.

do you have pictures of the install? the oils sight tube is a problem on the right and the exhaust header on the left.

Posted Image

here you can see the gap created by the oil sight tube.

Posted Image

it's kind of hard to see from this perspective but the rad guard comes through the far side and hits the header before the mounting hole lines up.

Posted Image

i could cut a slot for the oil sight tube but the header side would require cutting a couple of the holes for the reinforcing rods.

• haggeo

Posted January 29, 2008 - 11:43 AM

guards are for sale $95 shipped within the CONUS.

• jesusgatos

Posted January 29, 2008 - 12:02 PM

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a full Pro Circuit system on my bike and the header on the left side was right where the lower brace needed to go. I ended up making this little bracket to replace the tubular brace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry, looking at these pictures I just realized that I installed my oil sight tube AFTER I'd installed the Unabiker guards. I'd have to go out and take a look to see where and how I installed the fittings and routed the line.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.