Loss of power 2007 kx250f

6 replies to this topic
  • oceantrav

Posted January 27, 2008 - 01:22 PM

I just changed my oil, and after the first ride i realized it was a tad to low. So i just poured some more in without measuring it, so then the next ride "today" it ran like shit, and i realized there was way to much oil, so i drained some out till the level was in the middle of the view window. So then the next practice i go out and it still runs crapy??? When i say crappy i mean it doesnt have all the power there that it usualy has, i was coming up short on jumps i can clear no problem usualy. Has anyone ever heard of this, it might have nothing to even do with the oil???

• radio592

Posted January 27, 2008 - 01:47 PM

bad batch of gas? dirty carb/air filter/fuel filter? uhh what else is there, top end worst case?

• DGRAHAM

Posted January 27, 2008 - 02:10 PM

yeah too much oil usually will fix it's self, like blow it out all over your bike. but unless you filled it up all the way it would be hard to make it loose that much performance? probably something else

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtride858

Posted January 27, 2008 - 07:41 PM

ya, the oil level won't make your bike slow, maybe you got some dirt in your airbox when you changed your air filter and it clogged your main jet. I would clean out your carb first and see if that fix's it.

• crrider491

Posted January 28, 2008 - 11:22 AM

sounds like the same thing that happend to me. I cleaned out my jets and it ran perfect.

• oceantrav

Posted January 29, 2008 - 06:42 AM

it turned out that im just an idiot! The problem was that my grips were extremely loose, so when i got on the the throttle it was slipping, and i thought i was loosing power. Ya, i know im stupid.

• dirtride858

Posted January 29, 2008 - 07:29 AM

be carefull! if your grip slides off your bars, you could wreck really really bad... I've seen it happen in mud conditions. Thats why some people use safety wire on their grips.

Related Content

Wiki
Motocross Cylinder Head Quiz by Fastheads.com - last post by Fastheads (BK)

Motocross Cylinder Head Quiz by Fastheads.com

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

'15 YZ250f vs. '15 KX250f by Bryan.711

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 18 replies
Forums
Photo

What is the best size big bore for 250f ?.. by Johnnywadd739

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX250F
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Kawasaki KX250F 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Kawasaki KX250F 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Kawasaki KX250F 2014 by Michael499

Kawasaki KX250F 2014
  • 2 reviews
  • Last review by Michael499
  • On October 13, 2014

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.