Xr650R Advice Just bought 2 days ago

7 replies to this topic
  • Jetmoto120

Posted January 26, 2008 - 11:09 PM

I Just Bought A 650R Can Anyone Give Me some pointers what to expect I have ridden it 2 times so far Oh my lord what power she has suppose to have something called hrc kit and some susp work a am very novice rider I think i messed up Is It worth Learning how to control or should i sell for something smaller?:cool: I am 6'1 185 I ride a variety of desert terrain soft sand rocky open tight pretty much everything the desert has to offer i am used to ridding a rm250 any advice would be greatly appreciated

• weskc35k

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:02 AM

Twist that bit on the right handlebar and hang on dude.
Welcome to the pleasure dome.

• Purcell69

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:05 AM

2nd that! It's a perfect cycle for your area and size. Learn how to get the most out of it and ENJOY!!!

-Joe

• philipstjohn

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:06 AM

These sites should get you on the right track... welcome to the club!:cool:

http://www.xr650r.us/
http://www.borynack.com/XR650R/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • porterdog

Posted January 27, 2008 - 10:49 AM

...I think i messed up...

LOL, I LOVE that feeling. It's what makes the XRR the XRR!

• jim1234

Posted January 27, 2008 - 10:56 AM

give it some time. Does the jetting feel ok? The bikes are very tame when you have some time on them. Remember to stay on the gas some when you turn. If you let off to soon the bike wants to go straight. Have you set the sag yet? If it's set up right it should be very easy to ride.

• Jetmoto120

Posted January 27, 2008 - 11:27 AM

I have only ridden 3 times waiting for my friend to show me how to adjust to my needs cause he has same bike but his is only uncorked but he rides very good all his life so i hope i can learn some first hand stuff from him The turning yesterday i learned the hard way that i had to keep my feet up and goose it but i will learn and soon be very happy I love the power All around too just twist front comes up it is wild i rode along some tracks on a dirt road 5 gear is very scary for me but so addicting at the same time I am In Love OH yeah my wife is pissed ha ha Thank You All For Your Help

• porterdog

Posted January 28, 2008 - 12:53 PM

5 gear is very scary for me but so addicting

LMAO- right on! 100mph, on dirt, baby!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.