Just Bought A Xr650r .......

14 replies to this topic
  • Jetmoto120

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:45 PM

I Just Bought A 650R Can Anyone Give Me some pointers what to expect I have ridden it 2 times so far Oh my lord what power she has suppose to have something called hrc kit and some susp work a am very novice rider I think i messed up should Is It worth Learning how to control or should i sell for something smaller?

• Gani_riders

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:49 PM

It all depends on ur riding experience before ?? How long have u ridden b4.. and that bike is a relatively tame bike.. my yz250 is a big difference compared to my dads dr650

• Jetmoto120

Posted January 26, 2008 - 10:04 PM

I Have Ridden Many 650 Bikes I Mostly rode a rm250 but this 650R is way more power then the ones i have ridden before

• Jetmoto120

Posted January 26, 2008 - 10:08 PM

I have Rode Many 2 srokes not too many four strokes this thing feels like four of my old rm250s in one power and weight

• The Regulator

Posted January 26, 2008 - 10:16 PM

Your right, that bike can be a hand full. What type of riding do you do? How tall are you and what is your weight? For open riding, that is an awsome bike and is tough to beat. Do you ride desert? :cool:

Also you should post in the bike specific forum to get some good info...

• Jetmoto120

Posted January 26, 2008 - 10:51 PM

I am 6'1 185 i ride all desert here in californa i live in the tri state area ca,nv,az so there is wide variety of riding here but i love straight and fast but sometimes slow just to explore new terrain

• shrubitup

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:29 AM

If you like straight and fast, you bought the right bike. I had two of these once. The XR650R will eat ANY Japanese 650cc bike for lunch. There's no comparison. They're nothing like the 650L or the DR650.

I actually sold mine because it was just too big and heavy for single track trails. Also, it went too fast and scared me too much on long flats. It was totally stable at high speed but I just don't need that much speed anymore.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BBA

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:13 AM

I Just Bought A 650R Can Anyone Give Me some pointers what to expect I have ridden it 2 times so far Oh my lord what power she has suppose to have something called hrc kit and some susp work a am very novice rider I think i messed up should Is It worth Learning how to control or should i sell for something smaller?

Yes Jetmoto you made a mistake!! You need something smaller like an XR250R which your in luck because I happen to have one and I guess I could use another 650R so let me know when you want to trade??:cool:
Just kidding!! Grab the bars on that thing and learn the power curve through the throttle! Remember that the bike will only go as fast as your wrist will allow and the power is smooth on the 650 so theres no abrupt hit to worry about. The best thing to remember when learning on any bike is to treat it with respect and do not ride timid because that will get you hurt! Have fun with your R because its a blast. I take mine eveywhere I ride my CR250 and it does great even on the very techy singletrack.

• scalejockey

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:30 AM

If it has the power up full HRC kit that thing will be an animal!!

If it has the manifold and other uncorking mods it will still be way fast.

The full kit is like 1200.$ not too many bikes have this.
Every time i get on a 250 2-s they feel like a 125. You have to shift 3 times to get them moving compared to the 650r. YAHOOO !!!!

• Jetmoto120

Posted January 27, 2008 - 11:13 AM

If it has the power up full HRC kit that thing will be an animal!!

If it has the manifold and other uncorking mods it will still be way fast.

The full kit is like 1200.$ not too many bikes have this.
Every time i get on a 250 2-s they feel like a 125. You have to shift 3 times to get them moving compared to the 650r. YAHOOO !!!!

Yes it has big gun and not sure What brand header but i have the stock one too but it came with a bunch of stock parts like stock susp f/r exhaust seat airbox Aluminum bark buster skid plate and this what i can see: stearing stabilizer (RDS) Triple clamp top bottom Applied the guy built it to race here in laughlin NV in a score challenge and a baja is what he said I agree on the shifting i am starting to love it my first ride rode it like my old rm felt pretty good my friend told me i was short shifting alot so i rode with his advice ha ha ha she grew wings and i am in love now

• scalejockey

Posted January 27, 2008 - 07:12 PM

Do you know if it has the hrc piston and cam? Iv'e got an itch to put a kit in mine.So i'm taking notes on everyone that has one.
Love the power on mine but the rotten 450f(s) will give ya fits in the tight sand washes.

• Jetmoto120

Posted January 28, 2008 - 12:19 AM

Is There Any Way To Tell? I am just taking the guys word for it till my friend checks it out he has one so he should be able to tell when i get the pics i will post them

• scalejockey

Posted January 28, 2008 - 05:28 AM

I'm really not sure other than seat of the pants dyno with a known stock motor..the cam is hard to even see with the tappet covers off,maybe a compression test??? If you have a way to do a comp check I'll do mine too so to give an idea of what ya have.

• BWB63

Posted January 28, 2008 - 09:26 AM

Stock uncorked XR650R will give you 44rwhp and a HRC XR650R will give you 52rwhp with the exhaust mods you have.

www.borynack.com/XR650R

• Jetmoto120

Posted January 29, 2008 - 01:18 PM

As soon as i get a comp tester i will do i am trying to find the light so i can get it plated i have a address in ca/az so its cool i just take to az thank you guys

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.