Show me your seats!!

17 replies to this topic
  • DPWR400

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:36 PM

I'm building my own seats for two of my DP bikes, a WR400 and a DRZ400. If anyone has pictures of their comfortable touring style seats I'm looking for ideas on how to shape my foam. Thanks!

• The Regulator

Posted January 26, 2008 - 10:02 PM

I don't have any suggestions for a shape but I was considering replacing my seat foam with Memory Foam or at least a piece. You can buy custom shapes from...http://www.foamsourc...shop/customize/ :cool:

• SXP

Posted January 26, 2008 - 11:50 PM

Here you go :cool:
Hey, YOU asked!
Seriously though, I run the SDG Tall seat on my WR400 and like it. Not so much for comfort, but for ergos. It's pretty hard so it may not meet your criteria.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• DPWR400

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:00 AM

I have the SDG tall now, its great for off road riding but not so much for longer pavement jaunts.

• byggd

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:28 AM

When I bought my bike it had a very tall soft YZ seat. I cut it down and it became much wider and pretty comfortable.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• DPWR400

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:38 PM

I cut down my SDG also and it seemed to improve comfort but I didnt get a real chance to find out, but since we seem to have weeks of rain in the forcast I thought I would take this chance to make it even better!

• spidennis

Posted January 28, 2008 - 01:50 AM

Who needs seat foam? .... but I do find that the seat is wider, like mentioned in other posts, so that spreads the load over more surface area.

Posted Image

• DPWR400

Posted January 28, 2008 - 06:46 AM

Now that is an explorer set up! Gotta love all that fuel capacity!

• SXP

Posted January 28, 2008 - 07:05 AM

Who needs seat foam? .... but I do find that the seat is wider, like mentioned in other posts, so that spreads the load over more surface area.

Posted Image

Damn! You probably have to change your oil before you need fuel!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spidennis

Posted January 28, 2008 - 07:27 AM

... and my butt will need a rest too! I hadn't yet gone the distance with this setup, but it is for an upcoming ride. I want to carry extra gas for some of my riding buddies that don't have the range for this trip/span. There is no room for screwing up as there's absoultely nothing along the way except sand. I ride this bike everyday so my butt is very used to this seat, err lack of seat. On my list of mods I have photo documentation on how I used my angle grinder and a sharpie to do this. The only problem with this seat is I can't ride another bike that has nice seat foam as it would spoil me (and maybe my shorts!).

• bparsel1

Posted January 28, 2008 - 07:58 AM

Hey SPX, what rear fender is that on your bike?

• Albie

Posted January 28, 2008 - 08:05 AM

Just got my Renazco Racing seat in:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• spidennis

Posted January 28, 2008 - 09:39 AM

It's the stock rear fender, but the rack is from cycleracks.com .
It bolts to where the seat bolts are and down to the steel part of the frame to keep most of the weight off the aluminum subframe. It's a big rack ...... there's smaller ones out there, and better looking ones, but this will hold like nothing else will! Originally the fab guy made these for hauling elk quarters out of the back country....... yeah, it's pretty strong!

between the acerbis tank, the cycleracks and my gps, I can now do some serious adventure riding .... even the TAT .....

• SXP

Posted January 28, 2008 - 11:05 AM

YZ rear fender with an Acerbis LED tail/brake light.

• MotoGoalie

Posted January 28, 2008 - 12:07 PM

Posted Image

Gutz racing tall, soft seat foam and cover. I got a thread around here about it.

• JSanfilippo

Posted January 28, 2008 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

Is that an '06-'08 kickstarter?

• Albie

Posted January 29, 2008 - 12:17 AM

Is that an '06-'08 kickstarter?

The bikes an '06.

• bparsel1

Posted January 29, 2008 - 06:32 AM

YZ rear fender with an Acerbis LED tail/brake light.

Love the look, ordered the fender and light setup yesterday.:busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.