Jetting basline needed ........... Taffy?

3 replies to this topic
  • sledge_57

Posted April 12, 2002 - 08:12 PM

I need a place to start with jetting on my bike.

Bike is 2000 WR400 US model
No mods except 13t c/shaft sprocket
Alt. less than 1000ft

Probably going to do BK & Grey Wire when I start jetting.

I can't afford, at this time, to buy a bunch of different jets etc that I wont use so if anyone has a good baseline for a stone stock WR I'd greatly appreciate it.

Bob

• Taffy

Posted April 12, 2002 - 10:05 PM

baseline jetting for what though sledge?

is it to keep the standard exhaust or to go YZ timing? just to improve standard jetting?

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sledge_57

Posted April 13, 2002 - 09:27 PM

Improve stock jetting, my wife isn't working at the moment so the only money I intend to spend is on jetting, will probably do grey wire and BK mod but nothing else for a while.

I'm generally pleased with the bike but I know the jetting could be a lot better than it is, even in stock form.

Bob

• Taffy

Posted April 14, 2002 - 02:10 AM

sledge

i don't know much about the standard pipe and all that. you need a DRM needle with WR timing and also the PJ at 35 and the PAJ should be a 50.

order
DRM needle
35 PJ
50 PAJ

do the grey wire, BK mod, airbox lid off etc.

i'm HOPING this works for you.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.