Contours-cut to fit backgrounds

4 replies to this topic
  • dirtysouth

Posted January 26, 2008 - 04:41 PM

Who out there has tried the cut to fit background stickers on the rear number plates. Wanna go black on those. Bought a fit set for a YZ and was going to mod them if I had to but I had trouble with the funky contours on those plastics and the stickers wanted to wrinkle up anyway so they didn't fill the plate the way I wanted. Hook me up with advice on this. Have thought that maybe I could heat them to make the wrinkles lay down but need confidence before I waste time and $$$$::cool:

• brad the best

Posted January 26, 2008 - 10:26 PM

you want to put stickers on a contour shape ? your number plates ?

a nice soulution of mr clean and water , sponge it on then put the sticker on take something soft like a plastic scraper / squeegee and squeegee all the water out get them were you want them , once the water is gone they will stick .

works to get a 400$ fire bird decal on the hood so should work for you .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted January 27, 2008 - 08:57 AM

I use kits from DeCal works ordered up for my WR.... the exhaust side plate can be a challenge, using a light film of soapy water like mentioned above helps. DeCal works provides specific instructions for the side plates, if you follow them it will usually turn out nice. Another trick is to have a heat gun handy when you get to the point that the sticker wants to wrinkle... a little heat will help thing flow out a little smoother..

The side plates like I said, especially the exhaust side can be tricky but patience will pay off.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

• dirtysouth

Posted January 27, 2008 - 09:15 AM

I use kits from DeCal works ordered up for my WR.... the exhaust side plate can be a challenge, using a light film of soapy water like mentioned above helps. DeCal works provides specific instructions for the side plates, if you follow them it will usually turn out nice. Another trick is to have a heat gun handy when you get to the point that the sticker wants to wrinkle... a little heat will help thing flow out a little smoother..

The side plates like I said, especially the exhaust side can be tricky but patience will pay off.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

Thanks man..been lookin for the folks who can make the 05WR kits. Slim pickins in the Tucker Rocky and the like catalogs
:cool: :applause:

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:08 PM

Thanks man..been lookin for the folks who can make the 05WR kits. Slim pickins in the Tucker Rocky and the like catalogs
:cool: :applause:

DeCal Works and many others out there will make them for any bike. Any color or # you want, they'll put your name or sponsors on there too... The DeCal works have always been the best fit and adhesion for me.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.