Odometer/sensor removal??

6 replies to this topic
  • knovello

Posted January 26, 2008 - 03:10 PM

Anyone out there have a good solution to the removal of the odometer sensor/wheel spacer on the front wheel of a 2007 wr450?? In my effort to make this bike lighter for racing, I am trying to remove anything extra. I talked to the dealer and the folks at Zipty racing, and they both said that nothing is currently manufactured, and that I would have to manufacture the piece myself!
Zipty recommended that I just find a used YZ front wheel on ebay, but I'd rather not spend the money.
Suggestions??????:cool:

• SXP

Posted January 26, 2008 - 03:17 PM

Flatland Racing Odo drive eliminator/spacer

Posted Image

Posted Image

And for a cleaner look I replaced the right fork protector with an 07 YZ protector.
Posted Image

• knovello

Posted January 28, 2008 - 07:35 AM

Thanks SXP!
Hey, what kind of skid plate is that on your bike??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted January 28, 2008 - 10:59 AM

Thanks SXP!
Hey, what kind of skid plate is that on your bike??

Utah Cycle http://www.utahsport...re/page192.html

• MountainMax

Posted January 28, 2008 - 12:55 PM

I too have the same eliminator, but nice touch with the yz fork protector....

• William1

Posted January 28, 2008 - 01:54 PM

You can also get a YZ spacer and seal instead.

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 28, 2008 - 02:24 PM

You can also get a YZ spacer and seal instead.

Thats what I've been doing and your OK for a while if you have sealed bearings but the WR hub does not have enough of a "shoulder" to hold the seal well.

My advice on the newer WR's is to go with the flatland eliminator.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.