Got my 08 has goods and bads

36 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 28, 2008 - 04:23 PM

GREAT JOB now hes in the bathroom mixing chemicals to take a nice cold drink to the salesman at his Honda dealer as a "thank you" for a great smooth sale!!!!!!

Nope. Buyer beware is my motto. Sometimes the only way to learn how to take care of yourself is to get burned..............

Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware". Generally caveat emptor is the property law doctrine that controls the sale of real property after the date of closing.

• Itchykawa

Posted January 28, 2008 - 08:54 PM

Why rag the stew out of him over his purchase and ruin his enthusiasm for his new ride? There is nothing he can do about it now but enjoy his new bike and you won't let him. You guys are heartless.:busted:

• crmc33

Posted January 29, 2008 - 05:07 AM

You are all very cruel.

I paid 10K for mine (lira)

That should make him feel better :busted:

• Denn10

Posted January 29, 2008 - 06:57 AM

Why rag the stew out of him over his purchase and ruin his enthusiasm for his new ride? There is nothing he can do about it now but enjoy his new bike and you won't let him. You guys are heartless.:busted:

noones "ragging" him he posted his purchase and everyones commenting on that, if you dont have anything else good to say your self then why stir the pot? Got anything positive to post there Itchy?

• Motosprtman

Posted January 29, 2008 - 07:03 AM

Ya know the it is the principle of the matter and I agree it should come witrh the standard Honda tool kit no matter what. However, when I go riding with my friend down by Mt Rainer (Evans Creek) I always take a fanny pack of GOOD TOOLS, for emergency repairs, should I ever need em. Even has a chain breaker and tire irons and CO2 fill bottles, etc, I bought it from Rocky Mountain and it is a good investment for anyone straying far from civilization.

• jetfuel

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:00 AM

noones "ragging" him he posted his purchase and everyones commenting on that, if you dont have anything else good to say your self then why stir the pot? Got anything positive to post there Itchy?

Denn your right, everyone elses post only states what they had purchased thiers for.. I don't believe anyone had ill will towards the guy.. they were just disappointed he had paid so much. :busted:

• Frank ZX

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:17 AM

The original owner of my 2002 XRL paid well over $5000.00 in 2002 when it was new,so I agree with some others,some dealers are higher than others.Some states,the XRL are more of a higher demand than others.I think that would drive the price up.

• martinfan30

Posted January 29, 2008 - 10:51 AM

Denn your right, everyone elses post only states what they had purchased thiers for.. I don't believe anyone had ill will towards the guy.. they were just disappointed he had paid so much. :worthy:

I agree. Lets move on and over it please..:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 711mxer

Posted January 29, 2008 - 07:53 PM

Ok gentelman after reading about how much you all payed for your bikes I got thinking man I'm an idiot! So I thought I had got screwed bad! Ok I'am the idiot I got to looking at my papers and I had signed up with one of the honda deals if I was to go the full term on the honda card I would end up paying a total of $7200.00! I apologise I should of looked alittle closer anyway the bike is a kick I really enjoy it!

• Itchykawa

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Ok gentelman after reading about how much you all payed for your bikes I got thinking man I'm an idiot! So I thought I had got screwed bad! Ok I'am the idiot I got to looking at my papers and I had signed up with one of the honda deals if I was to go the full term on the honda card I would end up paying a total of $7200.00! I apologise I should of looked alittle closer anyway the bike is a kick I really enjoy it!

WHEW!! Thanks for the follow up! I was getting a little emotional about it.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was trying to prevent a potential suicide or murder here. :busted: Seriously

• martinfan30

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:41 PM

Itchy, dont worry about it..

711, I have to admit this. I bought my 05 XRL for 5700. After I signed all papers and got my first statement, I saw that the dealer slipped a 1,000.00 warranty in on me! I was :busted: .

So mine ended up being 6700.00!!:ride: :worthy:

• Itchykawa

Posted January 29, 2008 - 08:41 PM

It depends on where you live. I had a friend who went to 4 dealers with cash money and simply couldn't get one for less than you did. He wasn't willing to pay it and bought a used one from an individual. Do not let the fact that somewhere, someone bought his XRL for a few bucks cheaper spoil your enthusiasm for your new bike. That will generally be the case on any purchase you make.

That new 650L will last you for many years.

Just ride it and enjoy!:blah:

THIS DIDN"T HAPPEN EXACTLY THE WAY I TOLD IT!!! - The price was less.

I seriously thought 711mxer might totally lose it (I CERTAINLY would have) if he knew the truth and needed support. I was willing to tell him ANYTHING to divert a possible disaster. I would have :busted: me a salesman for sure!

Sorry :worthy:

Glad this was all a mistake. I need a shot of whiskey.

Oh yeah - hope you enjoy your bike 711.... and thanks for the stroke.:ride:

Cheers!

• Denn10

Posted January 29, 2008 - 09:55 PM

Its all good in da hood!!! LOL im a donkey!!

• Itchykawa

Posted January 29, 2008 - 10:17 PM

Itchy, dont worry about it..

711, I have to admit this. I bought my 05 XRL for 5700. After I signed all papers and got my first statement, I saw that the dealer slipped a 1,000.00 warranty in on me! I was :busted: .

So mine ended up being 6700.00!!:blah: :blah:

Hey Martin,

You got a warranty.:worthy: It was beginning to look like 711 only got the shaft. :ride:

Denn,

Thanks for not going off on me too bad! I hear you can really let a person have it if you decide to. :cry:

• martinfan30

Posted January 30, 2008 - 07:51 AM

Just ask him how to wash a bike!!!LMAO!

• jetfuel

Posted January 30, 2008 - 08:23 AM

Just ask him how to wash a bike!!!LMAO!

Can that be a sticky??? :busted:

• martinfan30

Posted January 30, 2008 - 11:45 AM

I would, if it wasnt deleted!LOL

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.