Got my 08 has goods and bads

36 replies to this topic
  • 711mxer

Posted January 26, 2008 - 01:20 PM

Got my 08 650L awsome bike but NO it didn't come with the tools Honda must be going broke they can't afford to add the tools and at $7200.00 not changing the bike for the last decade you would think they would be able to throw them in! Speedo doesn't work so the dealership is sending out a tech to my house to fix it rrrrrr that was alittle frustating! But I was more worried about not being able to touch the ground with my wife on the back well she got on with me and I could touch almost flat footed! I know what your thinking and no she's not fat! Over all I really like the bike!

• Brtp4

Posted January 26, 2008 - 01:31 PM

Got my 08 650L awsome bike but NO it didn't come with the tools Honda must be going broke they can't afford to add the tools and at $7200.00 not changing the bike for the last decade you would think they would be able to throw them in! Speedo doesn't work so the dealership is sending out a tech to my house to fix it rrrrrr that was alittle frustating! But I was more worried about not being able to touch the ground with my wife on the back well she got on with me and I could touch almost flat footed! I know what your thinking and no she's not fat! Over all I really like the bike!

Please tell me you did not pay $7200 for an XR650L. Please.

BP

• martinfan30

Posted January 26, 2008 - 02:41 PM

Thats a little steep... I have heard from a guy who just bought an 08 that did come with them. Other guys have called the sales dept. and asked about it. They then were given a set.

• Jawmail

Posted January 26, 2008 - 06:42 PM

Dude I bought my '06 for about $5400 and it came with a tool kit like they should. I've sold it since but I could flatfoot it without the wife.

• jetfuel

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:37 PM

Please tell me you did not pay $7200 for an XR650L. Please.

BP

+1....

• Purcell69

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:12 AM

When we went through the pre-delivery on my '07 there was no tool kit either. I had the service tech note it on the paperwork, initialled and signed. They were supposed to order a set, but it had not arrived two weeks ago when I went in for the first service. I'm not going to let up and recommend you do the same. The tools aren't the greatest, until you're, heaven forbid, stuck somewhere.

-Joe

• 711mxer

Posted January 27, 2008 - 11:20 AM

7200 was after taxes why are they cheaper somewhere else!

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 27, 2008 - 11:50 AM

They sell all over the country for 5800.00 otd.

• ant_mb

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:16 PM

I paid 5900 OTD in November for a new 07. As far as the tools go, they are not included with the bike. Honda is a cheap ass company if you ask me!

• jeanluconze

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:33 PM

my '07 was $5950 OTD, with toolkit, plus 50% off all my riding gear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • donkey08

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:43 PM

08 $5200. Power house Honda dealer in Michigan, they wanted to deal me an 07 but wanted 08. Chrome gas cap an all.

• ktmdestroyer

Posted January 27, 2008 - 12:44 PM

... at $7200.00 not ...... But I was more worried about not being able to touch the ground ......!

:cool:

• Itchykawa

Posted January 27, 2008 - 01:02 PM

7200 was after taxes why are they cheaper somewhere else!

It depends on where you live. I had a friend who went to 4 dealers with cash money and simply couldn't get one for less than you did. He wasn't willing to pay it and bought a used one from an individual. Do not let the fact that somewhere, someone bought his XRL for a few bucks cheaper spoil your enthusiasm for your new bike. That will generally be the case on any purchase you make.

That new 650L will last you for many years.

Just ride it and enjoy!:cool:

• Greentrib

Posted January 27, 2008 - 02:03 PM

Why would any one pay more than the price listed at the Honda web site?

• Brtp4

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:14 PM

It depends on where you live. I had a friend who went to 4 dealers with cash money and simply couldn't get one for less than you did. He wasn't willing to pay it and bought a used one from an individual. Do not let the fact that somewhere, someone bought his XRL for a few bucks cheaper spoil your enthusiasm for your new bike. That will generally be the case on any purchase you make.

That new 650L will last you for many years.

Just ride it and enjoy!:cool:

Wow.

BP

• CReffex

Posted January 27, 2008 - 09:11 PM

http://www.lakehillm...d.htm#dualsport

site hasn't been updated yet to 08'.. But got mine $4999 out the door W/ free rain suit... And Friend got an 07' w/ 300 miles still under warranty for $3k
But who wants to drive to Mississippi...

Hope you enjoy your new bike man... I'm just not a big fan of the Chrome gas cap or the white front plate...

• captb

Posted January 28, 2008 - 09:15 AM

Alot of Harley riders are looking at them with the new Chrome gas cap.:cool:

• martinfan30

Posted January 28, 2008 - 09:49 AM

I thought they were looking cuz theres no oil leaks?:cool:

• Denn10

Posted January 28, 2008 - 01:10 PM

They sell all over the country for 5800.00 otd.

GREAT JOB now hes in the bathroom mixing chemicals to take a nice cold drink to the salesman at his Honda dealer as a "thank you" for a great smooth sale!!!!!!

• martinfan30

Posted January 28, 2008 - 01:41 PM

DRINKIN' DRAIN-O!!!LOL:mad:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.