Anyone Know How To Fix 4th Gear On A Yz450f???

2 replies to this topic
  • vs450f

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:33 AM

I broke 4th gear on my yz450f and am trying to fix it myself so I dont have to spend a lot of money. I took apart my bike and now have the engine out...does anyone know how to fix this??? Or do you know where I can find instructions on how to fix it? I have to get into the engine and pull the gear out but im not sure how to take it all apart???

Thanks for any help you can give me...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 26, 2008 - 11:41 AM

Download a manual. Print the pages you need:

• Smokeslider

Posted January 26, 2008 - 02:28 PM

read the manual and be prepared to totally tear down the engine, and split the cases. Once the cases are split, you'll pull the tranny and replace what you need. Take lots of digital pictures as you tear everything down and you can reference these with the manual when you put it back together.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.