Mikuni pumper or Eddelbrock? 650R

5 replies to this topic
  • zrt1

Posted January 26, 2008 - 08:17 AM

Does anyone have experiance with both on the same bike. Ive heard good and bad on both. Ive got a stage 2 cam, opened air box, JE 11:1 piston, full exhaust and am looking to buy a pumper carb. Thanks..

• martinfan30

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:44 AM

Heres a good thread on FCR vs. Edelbrock.

http://www.thumperta...delbrock mikuni

• XRMANU

Posted January 26, 2008 - 01:32 PM

I had a Mikuni TM40 on my R for years. Nice upgrade from stock.I have a Keihin FCR41 now. The Keihin stays on:worthy: ... and the Mikuni is sold.:cool:
Crisper jetting ,way more over rev.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zrt1

Posted January 26, 2008 - 06:36 PM

I had a Mikuni TM40 on my R for years. Nice upgrade from stock.I have a Keihin FCR41 now. The Keihin stays on:worthy: ... and the Mikuni is sold.:cool:
Crisper jetting ,way more over rev.

What all did you have to do to get the FCR to fit? Did you notice a significant top end gain? thanks..

• XRMANU

Posted January 27, 2008 - 01:54 AM

What all did you have to do to get the FCR to fit? Did you notice a significant top end gain? thanks..

I bought it second hand with very low riding time on it.It came from a competition monobike (roadrace) 650R. It's from Sudco ,I think...So no fitting problems,just have to make a custom cable. I have a Monnier gas tank ,so no mods needed there. It's a FCR "racing" not a MX model. MX models also fit with some fiddling

And yep ,wayyy more overrev than the Mikuni. The next step is bore it out to 42.5 /43mm (oval) with a 680 kit.:cool:

• xr650l bum

Posted January 27, 2008 - 09:02 AM

One thing to consider. I love my edelbrock, but it is on my 650L. On the L you can adjust the carb on the fly like it was intended. On the R you have to remove the tank to adjust, wich kind of kills the easy adjustment factor. With the eddie you still have to get it dialed in, wich takes some patients. If I had to set and forget, I would go for the most performance.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.