Photo
- - - - -

Left Coast AIS Solution

52 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

TT Titanium Member

2,218 posts

Posted January 26, 2008 - 08:16 AM

Okay, so it seems the whole California OHV enforcement thing has hit hard on this board, and a lot of us have a problem as our AIS has been removed and now resides somewhere in a landfill. I propose we use this thread to help each other out. If there are any of you out there who still have theirs in a box in the garage and would be more than happy to give it to a brother in need, then let's get the word out.

I have one requirement though...since the parts were going to be tossed anyway, you may not sell them. Those in need will of course be expected to pay for postage, but that's it. Anyone trying to make a buck off another WR bro will have their post deleted and I'm sure the community will respond with bad gas. I want to this to be a good samaritan kind of deal, so let's all do this and have a big old Kum-Bay-Yah moment, whaddya say? :cool:...SC

PS: If someone wants to send me one from an '05/'06, lemme know and I'll come up with a good way to "make it work properly."

• dirtysouth

TT Bronze Member

361 posts

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:14 AM

Okay, so it seems the whole California OHV enforcement thing has hit hard on this board, and a lot of us have a problem as our AIS has been removed and now resides somewhere in a landfill. I propose we use this thread to help each other out. If there are any of you out there who still have theirs in a box in the garage and would be more than happy to give it to a brother in need, then let's get the word out.

I have one requirement though...since the parts were going to be tossed anyway, you may not sell them. Those in need will of course be expected to pay for postage, but that's it. Anyone trying to make a buck off another WR bro will have their post deleted and I'm sure the community will respond with bad gas. I want to this to be a good samaritan kind of deal, so let's all do this and have a big old Kum-Bay-Yah moment, whaddya say? :busted:...SC

PS: If someone wants to send me one from an '05/'06, lemme know and I'll come up with a good way to "make it work properly."

Dang Clark, establishing legislation regarding a way to snow legislation...are you sure that you don't work for the CVC. :applause: haha...do you have a link or a photo of the AIS. Don't think that one came on my bike but my partner has a shop full of this and that stuff from Yamahas...may get lucky.:cool:

• camaroman7d

TT Member

60 posts

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:28 AM

All WR's sold in the US came 50 state legal (at least since 05, maybe earlier?), I actually bought my 07 out of Ohio and researched this before I bought it. In order to be 50 state legal it came with AIS.

Since I am not familiar with what the difference in the 05/06 system is compared to the 07/08 I can't say much about it. I will say that even if you can make it fit and it "looks" different, they can still not allow you to ride or ticket you. That would be "tampering" with smog equipment. Just a heads up. The CARB (California Air Research Board) laws are pretty strict. If the systems look similar you won't have a problem they won't get that picky at the ranger station.

• clark4131

TT Titanium Member

2,218 posts

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:38 AM

The 05/06 and 07/08 versions are different animals and not cross-compatible...SC

• drtrcr400

TT Bronze Member

293 posts

Posted January 26, 2008 - 11:48 AM

I have a complete ais off my 07 up for grabs.

• MojaveThumper

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted January 27, 2008 - 06:20 AM

The only place I have been to that may check this is gorman. But ya never know.

I need one for an 05/06. Have an 06 wr450.

THanks guys.

• SJMC_DON

TT Addict

4,806 posts

Posted January 27, 2008 - 09:00 AM

I have a complete ais off my 07 up for grabs.

Ditto...... :cool:

• tony1970

TT Bronze Member

467 posts

Posted January 27, 2008 - 01:08 PM

The only place I have been to that may check this is gorman. But ya never know.

I need one for an 05/06. Have an 06 wr450.

THanks guys.

I have an extra one for an '05/'06. PM'd you with the details.

• tweav

TT Gold Member

1,123 posts

Posted January 27, 2008 - 05:58 PM

I've got the one off of my 07 if anybody needs it.

• tony1970

TT Bronze Member

467 posts

Posted January 28, 2008 - 06:32 PM

I still have one off an '05/'06 if someone needs one. PM me.

• Evad101

TT Member

25 posts

Posted February 01, 2008 - 05:17 PM

As soon as I install my AIS removal kit, I will have one from an 08" that I'll happily give away.

• tacotory

TT Bronze Member

199 posts

Posted February 01, 2008 - 06:14 PM

I have one for an '05 up for grabs.

• MojaveThumper

TT Bronze Member

181 posts

Posted February 10, 2008 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for making this a sticky. Have one on the way from a fellow WR rider.

Thank you dirtysouth for helping a brother out. :applause:

• markturbo

TT Member

73 posts

Posted February 12, 2008 - 05:59 AM

Since we can't sell, can we trade lol. I have one off my 06 450 I'd trade for some TT AIS plugs:applause:

• MHubacek

TT Newbie

8 posts

Posted February 13, 2008 - 10:45 AM

I have one for an 07 if anyone wants it.

• clark4131

TT Titanium Member

2,218 posts

Posted February 13, 2008 - 01:25 PM

Since we can't sell, can we trade lol. I have one off my 06 450 I'd trade for some TT AIS plugs:applause:

Nice try :applause:...SC

• Dube2

TT Gold Member

1,263 posts

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:20 AM

maybe I'm a little late on the know? I heard through the grapevine that the california BLM is checking for the removal of the kits and siting people that did remove them. Is that true? I removed the one on my 05 but held on to it just in case, also just did the AIS mods on my 08, however did not remove the kit. I just pluged all the hoses and kept the IAS looking as if it was never removed. I plan on doing the same on the 05 so I wont get sited. What do you guys think?

• Heat Pumper

TT Member

48 posts

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:51 AM

I got one off my '06 if anyone needs one.

• thumper tom

TT Member

41 posts

Posted February 19, 2008 - 01:09 PM

I have an 06 also up for grabs

• sts475

TT Bronze Member

360 posts

Posted February 22, 2008 - 08:10 AM

Hi there!

Here's an idea. Leave the system intact and remove the pipe and put in a small freeze plug and put it back on. That way it will not affect performance and it will pass the visual inspection. Also, I really didn't notice a big difference in performance after I took it off. Since this is a "pulse air" system, it uses reversion in the exhaust system to draw in fresh air and dilute the exhaust stream to reduce emissions at the tailpipe. Since the fresh air is introduced at the exhaust side and not at the intake side. It doesn't dilute the combustion process that much and make it lose alot of power. I could have left mine on and not cared about it. The main reason I took it off was because space is very limited around the engine and it is a HUGE PITA to work on it. LISTENING YAMAHA?????????? I can't wait for fuel injection!

Good Luck!

STS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.