Boyesen AP cover

2 replies to this topic
  • soco3594

Posted January 25, 2008 - 07:14 PM

hey guys. Ive been told that a Boyesen AP cover will solve my low end throttle delay problems (I have an 01' wr426). The couple of reviews I have found on the internet said they are fantastic, however some people don't seem to think they are that special. Just curious if anyone has experience with them and knows whether it would be a smart buy or not.

cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted January 25, 2008 - 09:07 PM

I have one and I don't feel much difference with it. My bike ran about the same but it was already jetted with no bog

• WR_Dave

Posted January 26, 2008 - 07:33 AM

First thing is you need to make sure the AP squirt is about .5 seconds. A search in the WR performance section should bring up that info. Second you need to have your jetting correct for your area and riding style. I found that when I installed the Boyesen pump cover the resonse of the throttle was increased due to the fuel being more atomized than with the stock cover. There are alot of varying opinions on this and that is mine. WR Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.