Rain and Weather

25 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted January 24, 2008 - 05:20 PM

Is killing my intended trip for this weekend, in the Ca. high Dez.........:applause: Can't even surf because it is victory at sea out there..........and the ocean is full of every possible infectant right now.........:cool:

• b2dude

Posted January 24, 2008 - 06:06 PM

i was gonna go to hollister this weekend. :cool:

• philipstjohn

Posted January 24, 2008 - 06:50 PM

Is killing my intended trip for this weekend, in the Ca. high Dez.........:applause: Can't even surf because it is victory at sea out there..........and the ocean is full of every possible infectant right now.........:cool:

That is the report I get from the bros back in SD, bad water quality in general is the norm... and its cold!

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted January 25, 2008 - 08:45 AM

Why would you let the rain and weather stop you from riding?

• Motosprtman

Posted January 25, 2008 - 10:41 AM

truly - my buddy and I ride in the rain and 40ish... sometimes colder!

• hill5150

Posted January 25, 2008 - 10:46 AM

Why would you let the rain and weather stop you from riding?

Our dez does need rain, the riding has been all time for our first rains, but it is saturated now, and mudflogging is lame......Camping in the rain sux, who wants to sit in their toybox out in the dez, you can't light a fire in there..............:cool:

• hill5150

Posted January 25, 2008 - 10:48 AM

truly - my buddy and I ride in the rain and 40ish... sometimes colder!

I've ridden in 12 degrees before, the bike ran like a raped date, but you could not feel your fingers, or face after 70 miles in fifth........we are spoiled out here in Cali I suppose............:cool:

• Kawabuggy

Posted January 25, 2008 - 10:57 AM

Cold & rainy in Houston, TX as well. I think I am going to mix the 2 things I love the best-Hunting & Riding. Hogs love this weather. I may have to saddle up on my trusty steed with my 270 strapped to my back and head out into the wilderness.

I know it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle on the roadway-but what will the game warden think about pursuing a pig, ON a pig, with my rifle resting on the cross-bar?

• LeadDoggy

Posted January 25, 2008 - 11:08 AM

I've been keeping an eye on the Johnson Valley area all week and it's been 90% dry to the best of my knowledge. It always seems to be NOT raining there when it's raining in the LA area. What's with that!

http://www.weather.c...rom=search_city

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted January 25, 2008 - 11:08 AM

we are spoiled out here in Cali I suppose............:cool:

Yep.....LOL :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted January 25, 2008 - 11:14 AM

Cold & rainy in Houston, TX as well. I think I am going to mix the 2 things I love the best-Hunting & Riding. Hogs love this weather. I may have to saddle up on my trusty steed with my 270 strapped to my back and head out into the wilderness.

I know it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle on the roadway-but what will the game warden think about pursuing a pig, ON a pig, with my rifle resting on the cross-bar?

Oh man I'm with you 100% !!!

I've been thinking of a way to mount a scabboard for my 870, and a skykennel on the back for my G.Shorthair!! Go out and kill some chukar!!

• Motosprtman

Posted January 25, 2008 - 11:38 AM

enough boy scout juice (gas) and you can start a fire no matter what the conditions. Strike a match and toss it and WHOOMPHF! insta fire.

• rhythmofbeing

Posted January 25, 2008 - 11:41 AM

Rain and cold, no matter. Street tarding is still game on! ...just have to watch out for the cages sliding around.

• jonr3

Posted January 25, 2008 - 01:48 PM

It was 14 degrees when I left for work this morning... the bike stayed in the garage.

• Thorndike

Posted January 25, 2008 - 06:01 PM

We have a 150 mile ride planed tomorrow, staging at Peggy Sue's Dinner. With a pair of Frogg Toggs, warm water proof gloves and thurmals, that should drive the rain away. Wet desert just doesn't get any better.

• hill5150

Posted January 25, 2008 - 06:18 PM

We have a 150 mile ride planed tomorrow, staging at Peggy Sue's Dinner. With a pair of Frogg Toggs, warm water proof gloves and thurmals, that should drive the rain away. Wet desert just doesn't get any better.

Peggy sues? out the 15?

• Sipes77

Posted January 25, 2008 - 08:53 PM

From what I have seen, the rain here in the high-dez has been light, except the north side of the SB and LA mountains. North of Hesperia it has been light. Now that I have said that, it should pour down like crazy all weekend!?!

• LeadDoggy

Posted January 26, 2008 - 07:13 AM

From what I have seen, the rain here in the high-dez has been light, except the north side of the SB and LA mountains. North of Hesperia it has been light. Now that I have said that, it should pour down like crazy all weekend!?!

For what lack of rain there is in the high desert at this typing, it looks like a very good day to ride there......

• b2dude

Posted January 26, 2008 - 07:50 AM

i talked to my buddy in morongo valley yesterday and he said it was snowing on the mountains around him, but sunny where he was at.

• martinfan30

Posted January 26, 2008 - 09:37 AM

20 deg. this morn. on my way to work. 3 layers of clothes and no prob! Love that cold brisk air. Just need to find something to keep my goggles from fogging.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.