Does this sound like a bad idea?

4 replies to this topic
  • BlueDragon

Posted October 17, 2002 - 05:25 PM

I have a stock'02 wr426. I wanted to do the yz timing,yz jetting, bk mod,acv mod and cut the grey wire. Is my beast going to run like a bat out of hell or like crap? Can all those mods be done without any problems? Is there anything else I have to take into consideration before or after doing them. Please help before I make a mistake :)

• tk421

Posted October 17, 2002 - 06:28 PM

It’ll run more like a YZ, which is good :) (don’t leave it stock!). You know you’ve just scratched the surface? There’s plenty more mods to do, so get busy. :D Do a SEARCH for:

Air box lid or Carbon Fiber Airbox (CF air box= light weight but costly!)
Twin Air Filter (works for me)
YZ fender (allows the engine to breathe better)
Blue wire (HELP prevent fouling plugs) (you’ll need all the help you can get!)
YZ exhaust (cheap, lightweight, good performance)
Header (YAMAHA aftermarket works good for me)
YZ head gasket (thinner for more compression)
Coil on top of plug (Mike Deans good idea)
CR8EK (split fire NGK plug)
TPS (Throttle position sensor)
ACV (Air cut off valve)
756 (a great tire)
M12 (another great tire)
Subframe (forget TITANIUM, go aluminum)
Taff Timed Cams (better performance gain than YZ timed, but harder to do)
Mobil 1 red cap (helps to preserve your investment)

Good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted October 19, 2002 - 06:26 AM

tk421,

I checked the head gaskets for the european 2002 yz vs. wr and they are the same part numbers. Can you tell me what part numbers do you have for the gaskets?

• tk421

Posted October 19, 2002 - 11:39 AM

Sabin, I believe that Rich in Orlando found the difference between the WR and YZ head gaskets. I did a search, but could not find the thread.

I have kept this mod on the back burner for the day I have to remove the head.

I too checked on the part numbers and it looks like the same head gasket for ’98 through ’01 WR’s and YZ’s.
:)

• sabin

Posted October 19, 2002 - 06:26 PM

I have accsess on yamaha EPC program, and I have checked there. For the 2002 there is no difference for sure!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.