07 wr 450 clutch question

4 replies to this topic
  • drz42

Posted January 24, 2008 - 02:41 PM

After my last ride my clutch will not completley engage, and when letting the clutch out it is really jumpy almost like its burnt up. I fell during a race and i think my crappy rally guards were putting a little pressure on the clutch and might have burnt it up. So Is there anything i can check externally without having to pull all the clutch plates out. I have adjusted it at the perch and when letting the clutch out from a stop its really jumpy and has no smooth operation anymore.
one more thing i think is worth metioning, i had a shop change the oil last time and i think they overfilled it, when i came in after the race there was oil that had blown out the airbox all over the place and the dipstick still read that it was totally full, could that have had something to do with anything?

Thanks everyone- happy trails

• SJMC_DON

Posted January 24, 2008 - 03:35 PM

If you "burnt up" your clutch by having the lever pulled in it would be slipping...

I would be suspect of what kind of oil they used when they changed the it. If they over filled it, it's likely they did not think to use an oil that did not have a friction additive in it :cool:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted January 24, 2008 - 04:35 PM

And another hapless victim falls prey to the dreaded double-digit shop IQ. When will folks learn that 99% of the time, people don't work at a bike shop because they couldn't find work at NASA...SC

Attached Thumbnails

• Gifted.jpg

• drz42

Posted January 24, 2008 - 05:08 PM

That actually makes alot of sense. That was the first and last time i ever take my bike to a shop. What kind of oil do you guys run that has a good friction additive in it.
By the way i took my 06 ford 250 to a shop for a recall once and they crashed my brand new truck at the dealership. I just rehired myself as my own machanic again. thanks again everyone

• dirtysouth

Posted January 24, 2008 - 05:22 PM

That actually makes alot of sense. That was the first and last time i ever take my bike to a shop. What kind of oil do you guys run that has a good friction additive in it.
By the way i took my 06 ford 250 to a shop for a recall once and they crashed my brand new truck at the dealership. I just rehired myself as my own machanic again. thanks again everyone

Shew...I have always just run the Yamalube 10-30/40. I think I might go try and pitch the oil overfill/non friction additive story at the service manager at your shop. Fat chance but if you act like you know what your talkin about they might straighten you up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.