What would YOU do?!!

6 replies to this topic
  • motoclay

Posted January 23, 2008 - 09:53 PM

I am on the verge of biting the bullet and gettin a new sled. I have ridden the 08 CRF and i love the way it cornered, i didnt really notice a drastic arm pulling performance difference between it and my 2006 YZF but i instantly thought it cornered better. i want a new one, so i just need to know which one. I have not ridden the 08 YZF, i have heard great things about it as well. I know i dont want the Zuk or Kawi, i just aint sure Red or Blue. i am not brand biased either, cuz i know they all rock these days. Just basically lookin for an un biased opinion between the two. :applause: :cool: thanx in advance!

• erickdj

Posted January 23, 2008 - 09:58 PM

I am on the verge of biting the bullet and gettin a new sled. I have ridden the 08 CRF and i love the way it cornered, i didnt really notice a drastic arm pulling performance difference between it and my 2006 YZF but i instantly thought it cornered better. i want a new one, so i just need to know which one. I have not ridden the 08 YZF, i have heard great things about it as well. I know i dont want the Zuk or Kawi, i just aint sure Red or Blue. i am not brand biased either, cuz i know they all rock these days. Just basically lookin for an un biased opinion between the two. :applause: :cool: thanx in advance!

I'd stay with the blue. you already stated that the performance on the CRF wasn't all that impressive compared to your 06 yzf. I don't have any experience with the 06 yzf, but I do own the 08 yzf. I can tell you that the new yzf WILL corner very nicely, that thing turns on a dime. Go blue and drop an aftermarket muffler on it, you'll be VERY happy with that bike. That's what I would do.

• motoclay

Posted January 23, 2008 - 10:03 PM

haha, thanx for the quick reply. I really think i need to get on one of these YZFs befo i make a decision, the yami guys tell me blu, the hondi guys tell me red lol. I like them both, i have had one of each, but my 03 CRF handled better than my 06 YZF, i was faster on the red one, but that dont mean nothin today.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 07thommi

Posted January 23, 2008 - 10:07 PM

Yeah your best bet is to ride an 08 YZ450F as well. I am a Yamaha guy so I will tell you Yamaha but that may not suite your style. So ride both and then decide.

Yamaha Rules!

-mt-

• matts06yzf

Posted January 24, 2008 - 05:42 AM

Ride the yamaha with a aftermarket pipe. Stock pipes blows :cool: I have ridden both and own the 08 yamaha as well as 06 yamaha. Read the reviews also the Yamaha is a handling dream. The honda forks suck for most people but where ok for me, Since a revalve is a must for whatever I buy. Last but not least remeber how reliable the yamy will be Hondas are good but just not up to par with yamaha. I have seen 08 red bikes that have needed valves already:bonk:

• motodad393

Posted January 24, 2008 - 07:20 AM

You cannot go wrong either way IMO, BUT I would at least ride a new YZ450F. At least this way you can make an informed decision.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 24, 2008 - 08:51 AM

ride both and then you will have tried both
I will say the 08 stock yami suspension is hands down better than a 08 CRF stock. The forks on the honda need serious revalving IMO
the yami needs a new pipe
both will need stiffer springs if you are over 190lbs
both are good bikes whichever route you go

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.