Clutch didn't disengage?

2 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted January 23, 2008 - 08:07 PM

I was in a desert race and I was in a area where I was fanning the clutch lever quite a bit. I then noticed when I tried to shift, I would pull in the clutch lever and it would not disengage. It did a little but not fully. It went away though. It might of got hot. Does anyone know what causes this? Do I need to replace something? I have a 05 450 with a few thousand miles on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted January 24, 2008 - 12:24 AM

your clutch basket may be notched.

• William1

Posted January 24, 2008 - 02:32 AM

An overheated clutch plates tend to swell, thereby causing the incomplete disengagement. fiddle with the lever adjuster, that is why it is there and is such a large knob.

When I set a clutch cable up, I looses the in-line or engine adjuster first. Then I set the lever adjust about midway. Then I set the cold slack to the rec. amount of free-play at the lever.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.